App DescriptionAIR36 is the premier air spotting application on iOS, designed to enhance your aircraft recognition and aircraft photo management experience. Packaged for quick reference and ease of use on location to allow you to create your own definitive sightings logs.
- Quickly record sightings for all types of aircraft
- Automatically capture the location from GPS or by selecting from our large library of location data.
- Look up reference data for the aircraft you see
- Use existing reference information in your sighting logs or add new data yourself
- Create Journals to group and catalogue your entries
- Capture photos and link them to your sightings, journals or locations
- Link other existing photos from your phone photo library to your sightings or journals
- Create Location notes about the best locations to view and take photos
- Plan your trips by investigating aircraft viewing sites using our extensive airport / airfield reference data set
- REFERENCE DATA BUILT INTO THE APP:
- Wide range of facts about each sample aircraft, including
(e.g. Registration codes, speeds, seating capacities, engine types, manufacturing
dates, dimensions, operators and many more details about each one)
- Easily search by manufacturer and model
- Over 30,000 Worldwide locations with data including aviation location codes and grid
references together with address data for many included
- Map display for each location (internet connection required)
Share your photos and sightings with friends from your Facebook Wall. Air36 will upload sightings you select to your Wall, complete with notes you have entered and any location data you've tagged to the sighting.
This is the Lite version of Air36. It has full functionality but does not include the extensive aircraft reference data set. To use the full data set, please see the full Air36 app elsewhere on the store.
Note: requires iOS 6.0 or later.
May 12, 2013 Initial Release