What's New- Now Universal. Can be played on iPhone (iOS 6), iPad and iPod Touch (iOS 6).
- Localized in Spanish and Japanese.
App DescriptionBattle of the Bulge, the award-winning iOS strategy wargame, is now Universal! Play on iPad or iPhone.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" – TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge Lite is a preview of the hit iOS wargame. It invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
• Play three ways: online through Game Center, vs. computer opponents, or Pass & Play
• Unlimited play of “Race to the Meuse,” a short, tense fight in the opening days of the battle
• Match wits with two canny AI generals with distinct personalities
• Play any of the scenarios from Battle of the Bulge via Game Center when invited
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Extensive historical photos, film, and commentary
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
February 26, 2014 New version 2.0.1
October 18, 2013 New version 2.0
May 20, 2013 Initial Release