Music on/off, various bug fixes and enhancements
Kids Learn Mandarin is a fun, educational game that will teach your child to speak, write and read over 200 Mandarin Chinese Words.
Produced in partnership by the Digital Learning Company and Fingerprint Digital, Kids Learn Mandarin is a comprehensive and curricular approach to kids' Chinese learning, teaching over 240 Mandarin words through playful and progressive games and activities. Pei Pei the Panda hosts the language-learning adventure, which includes 9 fun and unique games like Turtle Hop, Balloon Pop and Shooting Hoops. Each game is designed to help children ages 2-8 achieve mastery over key Chinese vocabulary. Each lesson also features a Music Video, Chinese Character Writing Practice and a Playground that kids can decorate with Stickers they earn as they play.
All lessons are delivered in clear Mandarin with English narration and encouragement for your child. The full product includes:
Lessons may be purchased individually – or as a Premium Package:
• Numbers (included in initial download)
• Colors & Shapes
• Fruit & Vegetables
• Family & Occupation
• Body Parts
• Toys & Transport
• Sport & Hobbies
• Things at Home
• Eating & Drinking
• Nature & Outdoors
Your child will be guided on a learning adventure across China playing our fully interactive series of fun and progressive games. Each lesson includes ALL of the following games:
• CLAM AQUARIUM Game –Tap the clam with best matching Mandarin word pictures to see what pops out.
• SHOOTING HOOPS Game – Flick the basketball into the hoop with the correct Chinese word.
• TURTLE HOP Game – Cross the river by hopping on the turtle shells with matching Chinese word.
• BALLOON POP Game – Listen in Mandarin and burst the balloon with the best matching word picture.
• COCO CLIMB Game – Climb the palm tree by tapping the coconut with best matching Chinese word picture.
• TIC TAC TOE Game – Flip the tile with the best matching Chinese word picture to get 3 in a row.
• HOT AIR BALLOON Game – Tilt to catch the correct falling words in your basket.
• BRUSHSTROKE IN THE SAND Game – Learn to write Chinese characters on the sandcastle.
Kids Learn Mandarin is part of the Fingerprint Network of educational games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets children and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
- Parent Controls protect your child by keeping In-App-Purchase behind a parent gate.
- May 30, 2013 Initial release
- July 02, 2013 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $6.99
- July 31, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $7.99
- August 20, 2013 New version 1.1
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.4
- November 12, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $12.99
- February 12, 2014 New version 1.5