App DescriptioniVL is an application for predicting aircraft performance and stability. iVL allows you to:
- Specify complex, 3-dimensional aircraft geometries.
- Create multiple, interacting lifting surfaces.
- Calculate aerodynamic forces and moments.
- Calculate aerodynamic loading on lifting surfaces.
- Automatically trim aircraft for specified flight conditions.
- Apply wing section drag modeling.
- Analyze aircraft stability.
The basis of iVL is a Vortex Lattice Method (VLM). Implementing a VLM requires simplification of the airflow around an aircraft. Despite this simplification, VLM results can be extremely useful in initial design.
Support (including manual for download) at: http://ivlsupport.wordpress.com
April 21, 2013 Initial Release