- B.A.A. favorites added to the Maps section for things to see and do in Boston.
- Countdown clock for those of you who can't wait. (All of us.)
- Updated participant information and spectator information.
- Hydration stations, medical stations, Cliff Shot Energy Zones, and MBTA stations are all viewable in the course map.
- Schedule helps users now see where each official event is located.
The official app of the Boston Marathon is back for 2016! Track your ten favorite people, check out the course map, and snap a photo in the race photo booth to share with your friends. Information for participants, bios on the John Hancock Elite Athlete Team, and race history are beautifully displayed in the palm of your hand.
The BAA 2016 app also features a real-time leaderboard, post-race results search, and links to the latest news from the B.A.A. The course map illustrates exact locations of all mile markers, race hydration stations, medical stations, and Clif Shot Energy Zones.
Instagram users from around the world will be compiled by three popular race hashtags, and the in-app photo booth allows for real-time sharing across facebook, instagram, twitter, or e-mail. The app is free, and has become a useful tool for tracking runners in past years. Enjoy!
- April 11, 2013 Initial release
- April 19, 2013 New version 1.24
- April 15, 2014 New version 2.33
- April 16, 2014 New version 2.34
- April 20, 2015 New version 3.2
- April 18, 2016 New version 3.3
- April 18, 2016 New version 3.4