App DescriptionThe only app in the appstore that instantly alerts you via push-notification whenever there is a lightning strike near any of your designated places. CAUTION: subscription based pricing, see below.
Important: When you install and launch for the first time, the app will ask to turn on push-notifications. Please choose YES to avoid the hassle of having to manually enable it later.
- See lightning strikes in near real-time on a fluid animated hi-def radar map
- Add location bookmarks on the map for your important places
- Get a push-notification whenever lightning strikes near a bookmark within the radius you have specified!
- You can choose anywhere from 1 mile all the way upto 200 miles for notification radius, individually per location bookmark
- NWS severe weather warning boxes on map with alert details
- Check weather + forecast for any point on map
- Choose from Hi-Def Radar or Cloud Cover animated map overlays
- Portrait/Landscape: iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPhone5 fully supported at full-screen
- Get fast support from within the app
Lightning strike locations are shown with full accuracy on the map throughout the contiguous lower 48 states, regardless of distance from your location.
- The initial purchase gets you lightning data and notifications for 3 months.
- After the first 3 months are over, you must purchase a subscription renewal to get notifications.
- Renewal options are either 3 months for $1.99, or 1 Year for $6.99.
- This app is only useful for users in the lower 48 states. Accuracy is not sufficient for users in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico.
November 30, -0001 Initial Release