You mean what's dope in this version?
*New rematch: re-challenge players from chat no matter where they are
*Recommended games: see which games your opponent might like
*Chat notifications: badge now shows # of unread chats, see how many unread chats you have from any screen
*Chat fixes: no more cut-off messages, new send button
*Bug fixes: fixed bugs preventing you from having a dope time
**CURRENTLY AVAILABLE in NYC & Philly ONLY**
playdo.pe is a hidden urban social network of familiar strangers. It combines location, interests, social connections, and real time games to create the meeting place of the future.
Who are familiar strangers?
-that guy you see in the elevator every morning at 9:15am
-the friend of a friend whose name you've heard but never met
-that girl on instagram you followed because she liked a friend's photo
-that dude who lives on the fourth floor who happens to know five people in common
playdo.pe runs quietly in the background looking for these individuals and will send you alerts when they come within your vicinity.
Open the app at any time to see the seven closest people and challenge them to a quick picture trivia game like:
* Identify (from pictures) Rick Ross' favorite foods from his songs
* Using posters, list the films currently in theaters
* Name the cereal box from its mascot
After the game you'll have 24 hours to chat with your opponent (and get them to buy you a drink if you won)!
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- April 07, 2013 Initial release
- April 16, 2013 New version 1.1
- June 12, 2013 New version 1.2
- July 20, 2013 New version 1.3
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.4
- December 11, 2013 New version 1.5
- December 13, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- January 23, 2014 New version 1.6