Minor bug fixes
80 000 headwords
90 000 audio pronunciations
200 000 translation, usage examples, idioms and phrases
*** Dictionary features are presented on the screenshots ***
With the first edition issued over 50 years ago, the dictionary is a reliable source of reference for both language learners and professionals: linguists, translators, interpreters and teachers.
• Idioms and fixed expressions of the modern colloquial and literary language
• Specialized terminology of law and finance, computer science and electronics, medicine and ethnography
• Includes Latin-American dialects
Search and translate features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• Built-in PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form (for English, French, Spanish and Russian dictionaries).
• Search for anagrams.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Handy Converter support.
• iPhone 5 support.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• Contextual menu.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
About the Author
Dr. Guenrikh Turover (born May 7, 1931), Russian and Soviet authoritative scientist and linguist, is well known for his outstanding input in Romanic languages research. He founded and headed the Department of Romanic languages Translation and Interpretations since 1962. Dr. Turover was awarded the “interprète chevronné” title of honor for a long and fruitful work as an interpreter for UNO, UNESCO, WHO and WIPO.
- February 28, 2014 Price increase: $19.99 -> $27.99
- February 22, 2014 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $19.99
- December 30, 2013 Price increase: $18.99 -> $27.99
- December 25, 2013 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $18.99
- December 10, 2013 Price increase: $18.99 -> $27.99
- December 03, 2013 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $18.99
- November 19, 2013 Price increase: $13.99 -> $27.99
- November 16, 2013 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $13.99
- September 13, 2013 New version 3.35
- September 09, 2013 Price increase: $18.99 -> $27.99
- August 28, 2013 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $18.99
- May 15, 2013 Price increase: $13.99 -> $27.99
- May 09, 2013 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $13.99
- March 28, 2013 Initial release