This version is an important milestone with full support for our newly released universal app on iOS. Yes – Ulysses now runs on iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro. Yippee!
- Improved iCloud syncing reliability and conflict handling
- Reworked syncing of favorites across devices
- Added syncing of Medium integration tokens across devices (iCloud keychain sharing)
- Added DOCX import
- Added a couple of brand new PDF/DOCX export styles
- Added shortcut to split sheets
- Added reading aloud metric
- Now always shows keywords in attachment sidebar
- Now allows sorting on a per-group basis
- Now allows filtering by creation date
- Now uses San Francisco as default editor font
- Improved handling of long line widths in editor
- Improved Medium error reporting
- Improved reliability of backups
- Fixed some issues when publishing drafts to Medium
- Fixed persistent sheet search field memory
- Fixed some nasty crashes
As always, feel free to leave a review or at least a rating – it still helps a lot. Thank you all for your incredible support! Now go and write…
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
++ Best of App Store 2015 ++ Best of App Store 2013 ++
Ulysses for Mac is your one-stop writing environment on OS X. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A version for iPad and iPhone with near feature parity.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns the every-day chore of writing into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it Mac, iPad or iPhone, and every connected device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, export is only a click away. Ulysses can transform your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save to the cloud as Markdown, and even publish a draft to your Medium account. Export is as easy as selecting a format, selecting a style, and selecting a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### ASSORTED QUOTES ###
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“Welcome to the future of writing.” – Cult of Mac
“An excellent value for anyone who wants to become a better, more efficient writer.” – The Sweet Setup
### FEATURES ###
Focus & Productivity
- Designed for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter Scrolling
- Light and dark fullscreen modes, minimal mode
- Hand picked color palettes, easy customization
- Split View support
- Writing Goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Full keyboard navigation
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Functional markup bar (aka cheat sheet)
- Drag’n’drop placement of images with live preview
- Option to attach keywords, notes and images
- Smart Copy & Paste
- Search & Replace
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Spell check, grammar check, auto correction & dictionary
- Dictation & Speech support
- Smart Lists
File & Organize
- A single library for all texts
- Groups, intelligent filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Automatic versioning and version control
- Automatic, scheduled backup of you text library
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of text files from external folders
- Global search, Spotlight integration
Export & Processing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish Story Drafts to Medium
- Share styles via Ulysses Style Exchange
OS X & iOS
- Available for Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via [email protected] or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 14, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- September 13, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- October 11, 2015 New version 2.2
- October 27, 2015 New version 2.2.1
- March 10, 2016 New version 2.5