Welcome to version 3 - bigger and brighter! Now with a colourful design to help you navigate, with bright, bold departure boards, improved journey planning and route maps.
What's new in this release:
• New home screen: now includes a mini-map to instantly see all the bus stops around you
• Now you can tap on a bus service to see where it goes and when it gets there
• New design: bold colours to make it easier to see bus arrival times outdoors
• Every screen has had an overhaul - we've worked hard to make sure everything is as easy to use as possible
We hope you enjoy the new release - there's a lot more to come!
Need to know when buses are arriving, and where they're going? This is the app for you.
• Get real-time or scheduled bus times for every stop in Birmingham.
• See every nearby bus route, showing you where they go and which company operates them
• Live directions: search for somewhere, and we'll give you up to five ways to get there quickly by bus - it even takes disruptions and diversions into account.
• Save your favourite bus stops, and then rename them to something you'll remember: 'Near house' etc.
• The best search in town: we use a combination of our own search database and the social location powerhouse that is Foursquare, so whatever you type in - an address, a postcode, or even local points of interest like pubs and restaurants, we'll show you the bus stops nearby.
• Only care about the services you use? Customise a bus stop's departure board so you only see the services you want to see.
• Get home fast: just press on the 'Get me home' button and the app will find the quickest bus routes for you
• Set a daily update for any bus stop - it'll send you the next three upcoming departures at a specific time of the day even when the app is closed.
• Your choice of maps: built-in or Google Maps - you choose!
• The best-designed travel app out there - fresh and clean, showing you only the information you care about, it's designed from the ground up to blend with iOS 7.
What they say about our apps:
“This is way better than relying on timetables. Great app!”
“I've searched for a decent bus app and having used this one I can say its the best I've used outside London. Very pleased.”
“Very useful app, have never missed the bus with this application.”
“This is a fantastic app. I'm a regular user of buses and they're not terribly reliable, but with this app it keeps me up to date - when I got lost this app directed me to a stop so I could get home. Many thanks!”
Plus the usual great features you expect from BusExpert:
• iCloud integration: save your favourites on your iPhone, and they're synced seamlessly to your other iOS devices
• Bus stops and services update automatically whenever a service change occurs
If you could take a minute to review our app after each update, we'd be really grateful. Your reviews help us improve and update our apps. We update our apps regularly - so tell us what you want to see at [email protected]
And finally: the app works best with an active data connection and GPS :)
Data provided by Jeppesen, NextBuses, forecast.io and Foursquare
BusExpert Birmingham is the most feature-rich and fastest way to view live bus times in Birmingham and beyond.
Follow @busexpert on Twitter for the latest on updates and new features. Need help, or have a suggestion? Send your feedback to [email protected]
- September 21, 2014 New version 3.0
- October 11, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- October 10, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- September 13, 2013 New version 2.0
- July 23, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- July 19, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- July 02, 2013 New version 1.3.1
- May 29, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 25, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 04, 2013 New version 1.3
- April 29, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- April 06, 2013 New version 1.2
- April 06, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 04, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 30, 2013 Initial release