What's NewVersion 2.1 includes more pattern templates to use, 82 new textures, lockscreen calendars, and custom output sizes with presets for social media home pages.
App Description*** Create Art. Even if you can't draw. ***
Pattern Artist is a unique and fun new app for quickly creating beautiful custom repeating patterns. Use it to make wallpapers, website backgrounds (including Facebook, Twitter and Flickr home pages), calendars, custom photo frames, pattern resources for other art programs, or just because you love making art!
Pattern Artist is neither a painting app nor a photo manipulation app, but a novel template-based approach to creating captivating designs. The basics are simple - you will likely create your first design in just a few minutes - yet it has the capability and flexibility to be a serious art creation tool.
If you want a unique background for your mobile device or your website, Pattern Artist provides a refreshing alternative to all the "wallpaper gallery" apps you've used. Rather than browsing through pages of pre-built backgrounds to find a wallpaper that appeals to you, why not create a customized background pattern with the design, colors, textures and scaling that appeals to your artistic tastes and/or design requirements?
Download Pattern Artist Free to discover just how fun creating artistic patterns can be. The free version of the app allows you to try out all the features of Pattern Artist, limiting only the number of templates provided and the number of custom color schemes you can create.
- powerful color selection tools for accurately choosing colors
- built-in palette of textures to add a detailed "finishing touch" to your pattern
- build a collection of custom color schemes entirely within the app, or import color schemes created externally
- create calendars or frame photos using any of your created patterns directly in the app
- library and slideshow for displaying your artistic creations
- Airplay support (e.g. view the full repeating pattern on your Apple TV while zoomed-in to edit)
- export patterns to iPhoto for use as home screen or lock screen wallpaper
- send patterns via email, print, or copy via pasteboard into other art apps
- print "line-only" version of patterns for hand coloring with crayons, pastels, markers, paint, etc.
- share to Facebook and Twitter (iOS 6 only).
- supports both landscape and portrait use
See a gallery of samples on Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/patternartist
November 22, 2013 New version 3.0
September 26, 2013 New version 2.1
April 29, 2013 Initial Release