• Folders are here! You can navigate through them, load their contents all at once, and create new ones in the save dialog. If you have a lot of art files and want to organize them into folders, we recommend you manage them on your Mac, PC, or in Dropbox first.
• File names are now filterable in the save dialog.
• The '.pxly' extension option has been moved from the save dialog to Settings.
• New gestures!
-- Long press the Art Viewer button to select canvases you want to layer or animate, instead of every canvas every time (the default).
-- Long pressing 'Bookmark Color' will ask you if you want to clear all canvas bookmarks.
-- Long pressing a color bookmark is now a shortcut for bookmarking the current color.
-- When reordering canvases in move mode, you now swipe to move them.
• Bug fixes/updates including: fixed sliders and border in the color editor in iOS 8, updated Dropbox SDK, and fixed the 'Rate Pixely' link. If you've read this far and haven't rated Pixely yet, please consider doing so! We love getting feedback from our users.
Bug fixes related to file names when saving and exporting.
As always, thanks for using Pixely!
Pixely is the easiest way to make beautiful pixel art.
"Dev is constantly updating and maintaining this app. Easy to contact him, with lightning fast updates on any issues encountered. With its current trajectory this will be one of the best sprite editors on any platform." - Review from Dr Review, US App Store
"I've tried quite a few pixel art apps and while some were good, none had been great until I found Pixely. It has a great interface and a really fantastic set of tools and the settings allow you to customize the app to your liking." - Review from @RickSantiago, US App Store
A feature-rich pixel art editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist and anyone in between.
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit a virtually unlimited number of art files at the same time, up to a 1024x1024 resolution per file/canvas
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you dynamically increase or decrease the number of columns and rows
• Easily double your canvas sizes with pixel scaling; start simple and add detail later
• Each canvas has its own undo/redo memory
• Bookmark up to 29 colors per canvas (or 256 per palette)
• Set a canvas color to test your artwork against different background colors
• "Mirror Mode" available for left-handed artists
• Pinch-to-zoom, toggle pixel outlines, flip and rotate artwork, and more!
• Game Devs/Animators: Pixely supports onion skinning!
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save art files, which include your bookmarked colors, in your app files and Dropbox, with support for folders!
• All canvases are auto-saved when switching apps, even unsaved ones
• Import images from your photos, then edit and save as Pixely files or export them
• Import images that have been copied to the iOS pasteboard from other apps, such as Safari
• Export as PNG w/ transparency or animated GIF to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook (iOS 6+), and Twitter
• Batch load/save/export all canvases
• Game Devs: Export your art with a 1px transparent border for easier integration into tile maps and sprite sheets
-- Added Visibility --
• A handy art viewer lets you preview your art or see it tiled; care has been taken to scale art proportionally, removing any distortion
• View and export your canvases as a single layered image
• Game Devs: Export an animated GIF set to a frame speed of your choice -- very handy for demoing sprites
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with full-range opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any color using HSB/RGB/opacity sliders and brightness controls
• Stay consistent… create diverse palettes of up to 256 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors from files and images to get the exact shades that inspire you. Too many colors? Pixely will import a smart subset of them.
• Quickly copy colors from a palette to a canvas's bookmarks
• Game Devs: Easily create a color-limited 8-bit effect… Pixely can automatically color match any canvas to use only colors from your palette.
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Drawing Modes: Create works using single pixel, 8-directional line, rectangle, and 3-speed drag/free draw, all with a symmetric drawing capability. Fill tool is also available.
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of a specific color to the current color
• Copy and Paste: Use any drawing mode to select any shape and number of pixels to paste on any canvas
• Shift: Move your artwork up, down, left, or right
• Eyedropper: Change the current color by selecting one from a pixel
-- A Dedicated Developer & His Artist Wife --
• Pixely works on all iPads with iOS 5+ -- we didn't want to leave anyone out
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
We love using Pixely and we want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any additional features or report bugs to [email protected], in a review, or @ThatsAppsurd.
- April 27, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- February 17, 2015 New version 2.8.1
- January 27, 2015 New version 2.8
- August 13, 2014 New version 2.7
- June 14, 2014 Initial release