Changes to support iOS 9 and update our social links. You can now reach out at [email protected] or @PixelyApp!
**NOTE** This will be the last version for the original 2010 iPad, which is no longer possible to support.
Pixely is the easiest way to make beautiful pixel art.
"Dev is constantly updating and maintaining this app. Easy to contact him, with lightning fast updates on any issues encountered. With its current trajectory this will be one of the best sprite editors on any platform." - Review from Dr Review, US App Store
"I've tried quite a few pixel art apps and while some were good, none had been great until I found Pixely. It has a great interface and a really fantastic set of tools and the settings allow you to customize the app to your liking." - Review from @RickSantiago, US App Store
A feature-rich pixel art and pixel-level image editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist and anyone in between.
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit a virtually unlimited number of art files at the same time, up to a 1024x1024 resolution per file/canvas
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you dynamically increase or decrease the number of columns and rows, with or without scaling, including a double-scale tool for quick enlargement while preserving all the original colors
• Bookmark up to 29 colors per canvas (or 272 per palette) -- bookmarks are saved in each art file
• Specify background colors on each canvas for reference or ambience.
• Undo/redo per canvas, zoom in and out, toggle pixel outlines, flip and rotate artwork, and more!
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
• "Mirror Mode" available for left-handed artists
• Hi Animators: Pixely supports onion skinning!
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save art files, which include your bookmarked colors, in your app files and Dropbox, with support for folders! Oh, and you can preview your files as thumbnails before you load them.
• All canvases are auto-saved when switching apps, even unsaved ones
• Edit images captured from your camera or imported from Photos, then save as Pixely files or export them
• Import images that have been copied from other apps, such as Safari
• Export artwork as PNGs or animated GIFs to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook (iOS 6+), and Twitter
• Load, save, and export multiple canvases at a time
-- Versatile Viewing --
• A handy art viewer lets you preview your art or see it tiled; care has been taken to scale art proportionally, preventing any distortion and unwanted color changes.
• View and export your canvases as a single, layered image
• Export an animated GIF set to a frame speed of your choice (handy for demoing sprites)
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with full-range opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any color using HSB/RGB/opacity sliders and brightness controls
• Stay consistent… create palettes of up to 272 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors from files and images to get the exact shades that inspire you. Too many shades? Pixely will import a smart subset of them.
• Quickly transfer colors from a palette to a canvas's bookmarks
• Game Devs: Easily create a color-limited 8-bit effect… Pixely can automatically color-reduce canvases to use only colors from your palette.
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Drawing Modes: Create works using single pixel, 8-directional line, rectangle, and 3-speed drag/free draw, all with a symmetric drawing option. A fill tool is also available.
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of a specific color to the current color
• Copy and Paste: Use any drawing mode to select any shape and number of pixels to paste on any canvas, which you can shift around for precision or paste as a pattern (great for dithering)
• Shift: Move your entire canvas around without copy-pasting
• Eyedropper: Change the current color by selecting one from a pixel
We love using Pixely and we want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any additional features or report bugs to [email protected], on Facebook, or @PixelyApp on Twitter.
- June 14, 2014 Initial release
- August 13, 2014 New version 2.7
- January 27, 2015 New version 2.8
- February 17, 2015 New version 2.8.1
- April 27, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- June 01, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- June 25, 2015 New version 3.0
- October 07, 2015 New version 3.0.1