You will now see previews for all of your artwork in the load and save dialogs. This will just require a one-time file update process, but it's totally worth it! Oh, and your art will load and save even faster. Sweet!
New Copy & Paste Tools!
• You can now invert selections and toggle selections by color.
• New handy paste options: 'Paste, Then Shift', to move around your pastings after putting them down, and 'Paste as Pattern' lets you create patterns (which is awesome for dithering).
New Palette Builder!
The palette builder has been revamped to be easier to use and has a few new features like importing colors from canvases and sorting colors by HSB.
Other New Stuff!
• Create canvases using your camera
• Scale canvases up and down as you please (just watch out for unwanted color blending)
• Quickly reset your only canvas by deleting it.
• You can now delete unwanted folders from the Save dialog.
A Note About Dropbox...
Dropbox is discontinuing the Sync SDK that Pixely used to integrate with it, so we had to find another way. The bad news is you'll need to sign in to Dropbox again to use it... the good news is everything works the same, seamless way it did before (and works a little faster, in our testing).
As always, thanks for using Pixely. Let us know if you have any concerns and please leave a review if these changes rock your socks! We have more great stuff planned for the future, so stay tuned.
Pixely is the easiest way to make beautiful pixel art.
"Dev is constantly updating and maintaining this app. Easy to contact him, with lightning fast updates on any issues encountered. With its current trajectory this will be one of the best sprite editors on any platform." - Review from Dr Review, US App Store
"I've tried quite a few pixel art apps and while some were good, none had been great until I found Pixely. It has a great interface and a really fantastic set of tools and the settings allow you to customize the app to your liking." - Review from @RickSantiago, US App Store
A feature-rich pixel art editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist and anyone in between.
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit a virtually unlimited number of art files at the same time, up to a 1024x1024 resolution per file/canvas
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you dynamically increase or decrease the number of columns and rows
• Easily scale your canvases, but you can also double them preserve your color scheme and add space
• Each canvas has its own undo/redo memory
• Bookmark up to 29 colors per canvas (or 272 per palette)
• Set a canvas color to test your artwork against different background colors
• Pinch-to-zoom, toggle pixel outlines, flip and rotate artwork, and more!
• "Mirror Mode" available for left-handed artists
• Hi Animators: Pixely supports onion skinning!
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save art files, which include your bookmarked colors, in your app files and Dropbox, with support for folders! Oh, and you can preview your files as thumbnails before you load them.
• All canvases are auto-saved when switching apps, even unsaved ones
• Import images from your camera or Photos, then edit and save as Pixely files or export them
• Import images that have been copied to the iOS pasteboard from other apps, such as Safari
• Export as PNGs or animated GIFs to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook (iOS 6+), and Twitter
• Batch load/save/export all canvases
-- Added Visibility --
• A handy art viewer lets you preview your art or see it tiled; care has been taken to scale art proportionally, removing any distortion
• View and export your canvases as a single, layered image
• Export an animated GIF set to a frame speed of your choice -- very handy for demoing sprites
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with full-range opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any color using HSB/RGB/opacity sliders and brightness controls
• Stay consistent… create diverse palettes of up to 272 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors from files and images to get the exact shades that inspire you. Too many colors? Pixely will import a smart subset of them.
• Quickly copy colors from a palette to a canvas's bookmarks
• Game Devs: Easily create a color-limited 8-bit effect… Pixely can automatically color match canvases to use only colors from your palette.
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Drawing Modes: Create works using single pixel, 8-directional line, rectangle, and 3-speed drag/free draw, all with a symmetric drawing capability. Fill is also available.
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of a specific color to the current color
• Copy and Paste: Use any drawing mode to select any shape and number of pixels to paste on any canvas, which you can paste as a pattern (great for dithering!)
• Shift: Move your artwork up, down, left, or right
• Eyedropper: Change the current color by selecting one from a pixel
-- A Dedicated Developer & His Artist Wife --
• Pixely works on all iPads with iOS 5+ -- we didn't want to leave anyone out
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
We love using Pixely and we want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any additional features or report bugs to [email protected], on Facebook, or @ThatsAppsurd.
- June 25, 2015 New version 3.0
- June 01, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- April 27, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- February 17, 2015 New version 2.8.1
- January 27, 2015 New version 2.8
- August 13, 2014 New version 2.7
- June 14, 2014 Initial release