What's NewThis version adds further memory and performance optimizations and patches a number of bugs.
- The maximum canvas size is now 768x768!
- You can now use the drawing stencils when selecting pixels to copy.
- New canvas color icon.
- Swapped the Presets and Editor tab positions in the color picker for better flow when first opening this dialog.
-- Canvases would creep away when switching between multiple canvases rapidly
-- Certain dialogs would become unreadable when the canvas was white
-- Undo/redo queues are now empty after resizing a canvas
-- Pixels wouldn't paste occasionally when pasting on a smaller canvas
-- Numerous other small bugs.
If you happen to like Pixely, please consider rating it! Thanks!
App DescriptionPixely is a fun, friendly, and powerful way to create pixel art on your iPad. A pixel art editor made for professionals and pixel art fanatics alike, Pixely has been designed with ease of use, flexibility, and capability in mind.
Tap, drag, or use a drawing stencil to paint pixels on smooth, fluid canvases, sized to your specification. Create large color palettes that you can save and load later. Import images from files or your photo library. Pinch-to-zoom. Share your artwork on Facebook and Twitter. Store more with Dropbox support. View layered and animated canvases. Automatically merge a work's colors to match only those on your palette, and much more.
Pixely has the following features:
- Edit up to 7 works of glorious pixel art at the same time on thumbnailed canvases
- Use pinch-to-zoom to zoom in and out of your canvases, up to 768x768px w/ transparency support
- Load and save pixel art files created in Pixely from and to your app files or Dropbox
- Pixely art files include your artwork and a custom color palette of up to 29 colors; larger palettes of up to 256 colors can also be created and saved
- Load and edit image files of any size, and save them as Pixely files or export them as PNGs (Images > 768px are scaled down)
- Export Pixely art files as PNGs (up to 2048x2048) to iTunes, your photo library, email, Facebook, Twitter, and Dropbox
- Exporting allows you to optionally include a 1px transparent border for easier integration of your art into tile maps and sprite sheets
- Art previews for game designers: tiled, overlayed, and animated. See what your art will look like before you import it into your latest development project
- Each canvas supports its own background color to provide contrast while editing
- Select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets or carefully edit them using RGB sliders and buttons for fine-tuning to any color in the 24-bit spectrum
- Store up to 29 custom colors per canvas (+1 for transparency) for quick recall
- Create large, portable color palettes of 256 colors that you can load and save
- Copy colors from a personal palette to a canvas's custom palette
- Import colors from art files and even from images and photos in your Photo Library
- Use a personal palette to automatically conform colors on the current canvas, or on all canvases, to easily create a color-limited 8-bit effect
- Undo and redo changes; each canvas has its own undo and redo memory
- Lastly, but certainly not least: use various tools to aid you in your creations...
-- Drawing Stencils: Single pixel, line, rectangle, and drag modes. These can also be used to select pixels to copy and paste.
-- Swap: Change all pixels of a specific color to the current color
-- Copy and Paste: Copy any number of pixels to paste on any canvas
-- Shift: Shift all pixels up, down, left, or right
-- Doubler: Double the number of columns and rows on a canvas and automatically expand the artwork to fill them
-- Eyedropper: Change the current color by extracting it from a pixel
We want you to love using Pixely as much as we do. Please recommend any additional features or report bugs in a review, on Facebook, or @ThatsAppsurd.
November 21, 2013 New version 2.2.3
November 13, 2013 New version 2.2.2
October 18, 2013 New version 2.2.1
October 09, 2013 New version 2.2
September 26, 2013 New version 2.1.1
August 31, 2013 New version 1.4.0
March 21, 2013 Initial Release