What's NewHello pixel people! It's been a long time since the last update, so how about some new features featuring long taps??
• Long tapping a pixel now reveals its location in the canvas and its relative distance (a percentage) within it. You can even drag to see the locations of neighboring pixels.
• Long tapping a canvas thumbnail reveals buttons that let you reorder your canvases to your heart's content!
• Long tapping the 'Add Canvas' shortcut button now displays the load dialog; loading a file or image this way will load it into a new canvas instead of the current one.
• Long tapping the 'Delete Canvas' button will close all open canvases and let you start from scratch.
App DescriptionPixely is the easiest way to make beautiful pixel art.
"Dev is constantly updating and maintaining this app. Easy to contact him, with lightning fast updates on any issues encountered. With its current trajectory this will be one of the best sprite editors on any platform." - Review from Dr Review, US App Store
"I've tried quite a few pixel art apps and while some were good, none had been great until I found Pixely. It has a great interface and a really fantastic set of tools and the settings allow you to customize the app to your liking." - Review from @RickSantiago, US App Store
A feature-rich pixel art editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist and anyone in between.
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit a virtually unlimited number of art files at the same time, up to a 1024x1024 resolution per file/canvas
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you dynamically increase or decrease the number of columns and rows
• Easily double your canvas sizes with pixel scaling; start simple and add detail later
• Each canvas has its own undo/redo memory
• Bookmark up to 29 colors per canvas (or 256 per palette)
• Set a canvas color to test your artwork against different background colors
• "Mirror Mode" available for left-handed artists
• Pinch-to-zoom, toggle pixel outlines, flip and rotate artwork, and more!
• Game Devs/Animators: Pixely supports onion skinning!
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save Pixely (.pxly) art files, which include your bookmarked colors, from/to your app files and Dropbox
• All canvases are auto-saved when switching apps, even unsaved ones
• Import images from your photos, then edit and save as Pixely files or export them
• Import images that have been copied to the iOS pasteboard from other apps, such as Safari
• Export as PNG w/ transparency or animated GIF to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook (iOS 6+), and Twitter
• Batch load/save/export all canvases
• Game Devs: Export your art with a 1px transparent border for easier integration into tile maps and sprite sheets
-- Added Visibility --
• A handy art viewer lets you preview your art or see it tiled; care has been taken to scale art proportionally, removing any distortion
• View and export your canvases as a single layered image
• Game Devs: Export an animated GIF set to a frame speed of your choice -- very handy for demonstrating sprite work
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with full-range opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any color using HSB/RGB/opacity sliders and brightness controls
• Stay consistent… create diverse palettes of up to 256 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors from files and images to get the exact shades that inspire you. Too many colors? Pixely will import a smart subset of them.
• Quickly copy colors from a palette to a canvas's bookmarks
• Game Devs: Easily create a color-limited 8-bit effect… Pixely can automatically color match any canvas to use only colors from your palette.
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Drawing Modes: Create works using single pixel, 8-directional line, rectangle, and 3-speed drag/free draw, all with a symmetric drawing capability. Fill tool is also available.
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of a specific color to the current color
• Copy and Paste: Use any drawing mode to select any shape and number of pixels to paste on any canvas
• Shift: Move your artwork up, down, left, or right
• Eyedropper: Change the current color by selecting one from a pixel
-- A Dedicated Developer & His Artist Wife --
• Pixely works on all iPads with iOS 5+ -- we didn't want to leave anyone out
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
We love using Pixely and we want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any additional features or report bugs to email@example.com, in a review, or @ThatsAppsurd.
August 20, 2014 New version 2.7
January 29, 2014 New version 2.5
November 21, 2013 New version 2.2.3
November 13, 2013 New version 2.2.2
October 18, 2013 New version 2.2.1
October 09, 2013 New version 2.2
March 21, 2013 Initial Release