148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: FOR VETERANS ONLY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy is a solid digitization of a compelling board game marred by an insanely steep learning curve and very little help for new players.
- Game crashes in a bankruptcy area
- Game crashes when selecting a orbital during building
- Added a message with warning about coming bankrupcy
App DescriptionAlliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable â€“ only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys PassionĂ© Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
October 30, 2013 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.11
June 07, 2013 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
April 30, 2013 Initial Release