Optimizing the “Food Safety Information” App in order to meet the operational requirement of iOS 10
The “Food Safety Information” app, which provides mainly food safety information to the public, is created by the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM) of Macao SAR. It aims to deliver the latest food safety news and information to the public and food trade more efficiently and rapidly, so as to enhance public awareness about food safety to reduce the risk of foodborne disease through promotion of food safety information.
The content includes:
1. Food Safety Highlights: latest food safety news, follow-up actions and status, etc.;
2. Food Alert: information of questionable food recalls and alerts;
3. Food Surveillance: downloadable test results from the Food Surveillance Program conducted by the government and Food Safety Centre of the IACM, including “Routine Food Surveillance”, “Seasonal Food Surveillance” and “Targeted Food Surveillance”;
4. International News: food issues and recalls from around the world;
5. Food Safety Guide: food safety information that keeps pace with the current market trend and the food consumption behaviour of general public, which includes “Focus of Concern”, “Food Safety Fact Sheets”, “Food Safety Educational Materials” and “Food Safety Questions & Answers”;
6. Trade Information: latest information for the food trade, which includes “Trade Guidelines & Guidebooks”, “Legislation” and “Administrative Measures”;
7. Events: food safety activities, seminars and events organized for the general public and food trade. User can add the event details such as date & time to the mobile’s local calendar;
8. Information sharing function via social media platforms or email;
9. Push notification service.
IACM will continue to improve this program in order to provide more food safety information to the users.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- October 05, 2015 New version 1.03
- July 30, 2016 New version 1.04
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.1