App DescriptionBACKSPIN is a retro cricket magazine, a nostalgia-fest embracing the 1950s to the 1990s. It is a quarterly publication that focuses on the players and matches of the past, and not only the famous ones! It mixes star names like Garry Sobers, John Edrich, Graeme Pollock and Derek Underwood with some of the lesser lights ... the likes of Nigel Briers, David Banks and Ray Swann, father of England spinner Graeme. In addition it runs regular features on Lost Grounds, old scorecards, a Season in Focus, On Tour and also has an extensive obituary section. BBC Radio’s Jonathan Agnew “loves the magazine” while Chris Finch, of the Dorset Cricket Society, said “it is a first-class publication and of far more interest and better written than any other cricket magazine currently on the market.” BACKSPIN is two issues old and is the sister publication of BACKPASS, the retro football magazine now on its 28th edition.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later. (iPad Only)
• Included Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
May 28, 2013 New version 7.0
March 15, 2013 Initial Release