• Added ByPlace - a new feature which can give you free content in certain geographical locations.
• Bug fixes and presentation tweaks.
BACKPASS is the definitive retro football magazine, a nostalgia-fest embracing the 1950s to the 1990s. It is a bi-monthly publication that focuses on the players and matches of the past, and not only the famous ones! It mixes star names like Jimmy Greaves, Malcolm Macdonald, Roger Hunt and Allan Clarke with some of the lesser lights ... the likes of Ernie Moss, Brian Yeo, Dixie McNeil and Alistair Brown. In addition it runs regular features on Lost Grounds, old programmes, retro kits, a Season in Focus and has an extensive obituary section ... plus much more. It has been called “outstanding” by Daily Telegraph football correspondent Henry Winter and “a brilliant magazine” by former England boss and Radio 5 Live pundit Graham Taylor. BACKPASS, now into its sixth year, is a must for all genuine lovers of the beautiful game.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later. (iPad Only)
• Included Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- March 15, 2013 Initial release
- May 27, 2013 New version 7.0
- September 20, 2013 New version 7.3.0
- October 24, 2013 New version 7.4.1