148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Gappy’s First Words is a new interactive universal app that re-enforces early spelling and reading comprehension.
What's New-Restores narration files missing from previous update.
-Get it quick like a bunny.
App DescriptionDiscover the awesome reading game that helps early learners master more than 200 three-letter words. In Gappy Learns Reading, you'll travel across four exciting worlds, spelling words to bridge the gaps and collect the parts you need to redesign Gappy's house. From a cozy cabin to a castle with a gingerbread roof, there are more than 700 creative combinations you can make in the primary learning adventure perfect for pint-size readers.
“This app, from these tried and true developers, is so engaging, visually pleasing, and inviting the students simply can’t get enough of it!” — Teachers With Apps
• 211 three-letter words for kids to learn, including 174 basic CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) and 37 common sight words.
• A fun puzzle game design for preschool and kindergarten learners who know the alphabet and are just beginning to read.
• 54 different house parts that let kids make 720 fanciful combinations.
• Four game levels that help children progress from identifying letters to spelling words.
• The ability to switch cases, helping children learn capital and lowercase letters.
• Selectable word groupings that let players learn at their own pace.
• A teaching keypad with the name and sound of every letter.
Awards & Recognitions:
• Featured in Apple Apps for Preschool & Kindergarten
• Featured in Apple’s Education Spotlight Newsletter
• Apple New and Noteworthy
Crafted by Spinlight, a team of talented artists and parents who share a simple goal — to make games that spark a lifelong passion for learning.
October 08, 2014 New version 1.92
August 13, 2014 New version 1.8
July 16, 2014 New version 1.7
February 06, 2014 New version 1.6
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.5
March 20, 2013 Initial Release