148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Gappy’s First Words is a new interactive universal app that re-enforces early spelling and reading comprehension.
What's New- Each journey is now 6 gaps so you can earn house parts faster!
- A new parent's gate for settings and communications.
- Minor bug fixes.
App DescriptionGive them the building blocks of reading with the interactive app that teaches your little reader more than 200 different words!
Gappy's First Words is the perfect adventure for pint-sized learners just beginning to read. Spell words to close the gaps and get Gappy home while earning the parts to redesign his colorful house. From a cozy cabin to castle with a gingerbread roof, there are over 700 creative combinations to build in the fun game that gives little learners a big start on reading.
"Spinlight Studios adds Gappy's First Words to the developer's growing list of go-to kids edu-apps like Geography Drive."
"So engaging, visually pleasing, and inviting the students simply can't get enough of it!"
- Teachers With Apps
Got younger kids who are just beginning to spell? Check out Gappy's Mystery Letters, the fun letter tracing game from Spinlight Studio.
Have fun learning:
Gappy’s First Words helps children learn over 200 three-letter words and the sounds associated with their letters.
• 211 three-letter words for kids to learn, including 174 basic CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) and 37 common sight words.
• Nine different house themes with six different parts, allowing kids to make 720 different combinations that keep them engaged while they learn.
• Four game levels that help children progress from basic letter identification to spelling words all on their own.
• The ability to switch cases, helping children learn capital and lowercase letters.
• Selectable word groupings that help players learn at their own pace, whether they’re ready for easy words, harder words or sight words
• A teaching keypad with the name and sound for every letter.
• Fun music and playful graphics that keep young players engaged in the game.
Why you’ll love it:
Goal-Based Learning: Un-lockable prizes keep kids coming back for more. And with 54 individual pieces to unlock, they’ll learn every word before their adventure is complete.
Gender-Neutral Design: With nine different house themes, there’s something for every kid to love whether it’s a rugged log cabin, a gingerbread house or a home made out of hearts.
Natural Learning Progression: With Gappy’s First Words, the action progresses from identifying letters to spelling words with one, two or all three letters missing, challenging minds as they learn.
Our Child-Safety Pledge.
Gappy’s First Words contains:
• No third-party ads
• No social network links
• No easy web access
• No in-app purchases
• A Parental Gate
February 06, 2014 New version 1.6
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.5
May 18, 2013 New version 1.3
May 06, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
May 06, 2013 New version 1.2
March 20, 2013 Initial Release