Bug Fixes and Optimizations
Say goodnight to the precious little one in your life with the enchanting children's bedtime storybook SomeDay, SomeNight. It's a magical tale about a special day when the sun proclaimed, "I'd like to stay!" Stay up and not go to bed that is. But, with the help of his friends--the farmer, the birds, the rooster, the flowers, the wind and the moon and the stars, the sun learns that he too, like all good little boys and girls must go to sleep at night. Soothing rhymes, lush illustrations and themes of friendship, hope and love create the perfect environment for your child at bedtime.
Some Day Some Night is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Jack Guinan's book by the same name illustrated by John Barilla.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Teach children the role of Sun and Moon in nature
-Learn about the role of varioud things during the day and night
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-Where does the sun rise from?
-Does the moon change shapes every night?
-Urge your kid’s imagination by asking: Where does the sun go when it goes down?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: [email protected]
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
- March 26, 2015 Initial release