148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: INFORMATION PACKED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Get those green fingers at the ready with this comprehensive e-book type app offering plenty of information on how to form the perfect garden, no matter how small or large your green space is.
What's New* Groundbreaking new feature: the ability to share what you’re reading with your friends. For the first time ever, you anything else from inside the book with your social network. The best part? We’ll give your friends free, limited access to what you’re reading!
Version 3.1 -
* Compatible with iOS6
* Support for iPhone 5
* Read your book with an updated Table of Contents
* Searchable catalog of all books
* Content update support
* New widget support and syncing
* Workbook support and syncing
* More font sizes
App DescriptionGreen thumbs go digital! Sunset Magazine's unparalleled reference guide for Western gardeners springs to life for iPad, iPhone, and the web on Inkling. Learn about landscaping, square food gardening, perennials, ornamental grasses, seed catalogs, garden design, and succulent plants. Now, dig deeper with almost 30 how-to videos, more than 100 slideshows with high-res photography, thousands of color photographs of plants and gardens, seamless navigation and search, social sharing features, and in-book gardening notes, the interactive version of your favorite gardening resource is sure to breathe new life into how you garden.
As the best-selling gardening book in the country, the New Sunset Western Garden Book is already the go-to resource for any gardener in the West. This interactive book will be your primary garden planning resource and reference for landscape design, container gardening, garden design, plant selection, garden decor, and vertical gardening.
* Learn to garden and landscape with how-to videos: Watch almost 30 videos to get the dirt on gardening techniques that help you create a hardier, healthier and more beautiful garden.
* Explore plants that are right for you with interactive images: Choose the right plants and trees for your regions with 15 Climate Zone Maps with tappable poptips to help with climate zone identification and key characteristics of each zone.
* Visualize your landscape with instructive slideshows: Tap through more than 100 high-res photo slideshows to learn how different plants will work together in your garden.
* Lush layouts: Browsing your book can be as colorful and delightful as wandering in your garden. Science and art go hand-in-hand with gorgeous layouts that automatically adapt for different screen sizes.
* Gardening notes: On every plant card, make notes about how that plant works in your gardens. Notes sync between devices automatically.
* Extra content: Use more plant listings, regional gardening calendars, and even a special new section on the history of the book itself.
* Search: Need to find something quickly? Search the book, your notes, and even Google and Wikipedia, while barely lifting a finger.
* Personal notebook: Highlight text and bookmark cards with ease. It’s all saved to a notebook that lives inside your book for easy reference.
November 15, 2013 New version 3.5.3
September 26, 2013 New version 3.4
July 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release