Significantly rewritten behind the scenes so that it continues to work in coming months. As a user, you shouldn't really notice much of a difference.
More detail for nerds:
Antisocial 1.0 retrieved tweets via an unauthenticated request to Twitter API v1.0 (accessing a public XML feed.) Twitter API v1.0 is being shut off soon.
Antisocial 1.1 retrieves tweets via an authenticated request to Twitter API v1.1 (using a Twitter account associated with the device to authenticate access to a JSON feed.)
Missing the point of Twitter since 2013.
Antisocial is a very simple app. It has three features:
- you can see your latest tweet, by entering your username.
- you can easily tweet, by tapping a button which launches your device's built-in tweet service.
- and you can automatically add a hashtag to each tweet, by entering this alongside your username on the options screen.
"So I can't see my Timeline?"
"So I can't reply to tweets? Or retweet? Or see my DMs? Or trending topics?"
"So I can't even see my own profile?"
Nope. You can see your last tweet. (And only if you enter your username in the options screen - you don't even have to do that.)
"Well, this sounds rubbish. What on Earth is the point?"
I don't know, guy.
Maybe you're watching telly and want to tweet your Amazing Opinions, but don't want to be distracted reading everyone else's. Delete your regular Twitter app, or mute it's notifications, and use Antisocial - you can tweet, and see that your tweet posted okay, but you can save reading what everyone else had to say until after the programme's done. It'll be almost like watching a programme properly, like regular humans used to do.
"Hold on! That's brilliant!"
Well, I wouldn't go that far.
"It looks quite good too."
Oh, stop it! But thanks. It's simplistic, but it *is* simplistic. Form and content, innit.
"This App Store description is a bit long, though."
- March 03, 2013 Initial release
- March 13, 2013 New version 1.1
- March 28, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- March 30, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99