Add 4x4 puzzles
New Graphics UI
New Score system
FoLaWo™ - Gerlish is from the language series. It's a word game with a difference , you are given clues in either German or English and have to think of words in the opposite language that mean the same or have a similar meaning ( clues GER/ Answers ENG, or clues ENG/ Answers GER ). But hey you aren't finished, then you have to solve a logic puzzle.
FoLaWo™ is a combination puzzle in that to solve it you are required to use multiple skills. In a standard word type puzzle - your spelling/word knowledge is tested. In FoLaWo™ puzzles your spelling/word knowledge is tested but to solve the puzzle and check your answers - you need to use your problem solving abilities to solve a logical puzzle (move the tiles to form your answers) as well,
- solve the words & solve the logic puzzle - thats TWO puzzles in one, with over 100,000 possible puzzle combinations.
FoLaWo™ was designed with learning in mind - you play a game but also are able to learn something or reinforce prior learning at the same time.
So FoLaWo™ Gerlish can help reinforce your foreign language skills by testing your recall of vocabulary you already know. In the case of you coming across a clue you have no idea about it's an opportunity to use your knowledge of the foreign language spelling structure, combined with the process of elimination, to solve the answer and add some new words to your foreign vocabulary knowledge.
For each puzzle 3 words are chosen and chopped up into 3 pieces (3 x 3) so you have 9 pieces. The object of the game is first discover what the 3 words are, second match the 3 words to the clue order, and lastly move the tiles so that they are in the correct order to spell the 3 words and match the order of the hints.
This game is suited to both German & English speakers who are actively learning the other language, but also can be a new challenging puzzle for those that love word puzzles because the German & English languages are from the same language family.
There are many ways to use it as well!
1) you can choose to solve your native language ( 1st Lang) using the learning language (2nd Lang) as clues - thereby testing your recall of the meaning of the 2nd Lang.
2) choose to solve the learning language (2nd Lang) using the 1st Lang as clues - this will help expand your foreign language vocabulary, foreign literacy skills.
3) 3 different play modes allow you to place emphasis on the language, or the puzzle. You can choose to focus on language vocabulary/literacy building (Easy mode) or focus on solving the actual puzzle (Hard mode). Medium mode just fills the gap in-between.
Also there is the ability to change to Easy mode from Medium/Hard if you get stuck.
In the end, no matter which game mode you choose, there is still a need to use your language knowledge to solve the puzzle, thus allowing you to practice your foreign language skills.
It won't happen overnight, but it will happen - FoLaWo™ was designed as a language learning accessory. If your actively learning English/German - it can help you practice when not in class. If your not actively learning - it's a quick and easy way to practice your memory recall of German/English words and maybe learn some new words.
FoLaWo™ is much like you using an online computer translator to find a German or English word - except you don't have to be connected to play FoLaWo™ and it's a game, hopefully a fun game - but definitely a challenging game!
Fo La Wo.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release