- There is a bad button function that have been corrected.
At Cambridge University Press, we know that Phrasal verbs are complicated for non-native English speakers to learn and use. We also know that it's essential to use them if we want our writing and speaking to sound natural. However, studying unending lists doesn't seem to be the best way to learn and use them efficiently. Phrasal verbs are, more than anything, action. And action must be visual. The more visually stimulating the learning, the better we will understand and assimilate the phrasal verbs.
- That's why we decided to reach out to The Amazing Phraso, our phrasal verb expert, to see if he could help us with the visual part. In this application, we can find animated illustrations of 100 phrasal verbs set in the circus world of our main character Phraso and his friends.
- Frequently, phrasal verbs can have more than one meaning. In the examples we've chosen, you can sometimes find the most common and well-known meaning while other times we use the more obscure one. In any case, you can always find an example sentence in English and the translation into five different languages. We've also included other meanings when they are useful or necessary to fully understand the phrasal verb.
- We hope that the Phrasal Verbs Machine will help you lose your fear of phrasal verbs and show you that, with the right tools, using them is easier than it looks. We hope you find it useful!
- June 13, 2014 Initial release