App DescriptionA decade of hail data in your pocket! WDT has been tracking hail across the United States for over 10 years using our advanced hail detection algorithm. HailSpot data is not based on the Free NWS storm reports that others use – This is a radar-based algorithm consuming the highest resolution radar data available. HailSpot gives you the complete hail history for any location in the Continental United States instantly by dropping a pin on the aerial map image of the roof itself. Reports include date and estimated size of hail and are easily shared as a standard image.
Key App Features:
• Instantly generates HailSpot reports on the job or in the office
• Uses your device’s GPS to find address for report while on location
• Finds all hail events going back to 2003
• Reports hail size down to the nearest 0.25” (after February 22, 2012)
• Easily emails report to any email address
• Saves report to your device’s camera roll as an image,
Imports to other apps or claim software easily.
HailSpot allows insurance adjusters in assisting the insured pin-point the correct date of loss, prevent fraud, and determine if hail damage could have occurred prior to coverage. When used as a best practice on all of your hail claims, HailSpot helps ensure adjusters are only paying for valid hail claims providing savings to the carriers.
Roofing contractors use HailSpot to get verification quickly from a third party of hail damage they have inspected. Contractors are now equipped to help the insured file their claim more efficiently and avoid disputes about the date of loss.
May 17, 2013 New version 1.1
March 20, 2013 New version 1.0.1
March 17, 2013 Initial Release