Bug fixes to correct final results of calculator.
Now receive complete and current results when you use the Equine Influenza Calculator!
The ‘Equine Risk Calculator’ estimates the individual horse’s risks and consequences of developing Equine Influenza
- Infectious diseases present serious threats to the health of horses and vaccinations are available for the prevention of numerous equine infectious diseases in the U.S.
- Zoetis offers a wide range of vaccines for use in horses, including 11 different antigens, provided in formulations containing between one and up to 7 different antigens per vaccine
- As such, solutions are offered for each individual horse, tailored to its specific risks, perfectly meeting the requirements of targeted vaccinations
- Additionally Zoetis provides an Equine ‘Immunization Support Guarantee’, which covers reasonable diagnostic and treatment costs up to $ 5,000 in case of breakthrough infection despite vaccination with a Zoetis vaccine against West Nile, Venezuelan, Eastern and Western Encephalitis, and Equine Influenza
Aim of the ‘Equine Risk Calculator’
The ‘Equine Risk Calculator’ aims to estimate risks and costs associated with Equine Influenza infections:
- The primary aim of the calculator is to show the individual risks associated with different vaccination schemes (no vaccination, annual vaccination, semi-annual vaccination) against Equine Influenza virus in individual horses
- A secondary aim of the calculator is to estimate the economic implications associated with Equine Influenza vaccination and infection (vaccination costs, treatment and other costs)
Accordingly, the calculator should:
- Estimate the potential risks and costs of Equine Influenza in the individual horse
- Allow the customer to decide whether he/she is willing to take the risk or to increase frequency of vaccination against Equine Influenza virus
- April 20, 2013 Initial release
- October 10, 2013 New version 2.0