What's New1. Exercising and improving your language skills during a bike riding, jogging or walking.
2. Exercising (Reading then Recording) one sentence.
3. Enhance speaking pause feature.
It will amplify voice from microphone to earphone while paused.
You can set the pause between sentences to the times of reading period for each sentence or fixed period.
Add 0.5 seconds speaking pause option.
4. Add Starred from the selected text.
5. Improved performance.
6. Bug fixes.
App DescriptionSpeakBritish + HD
English British Text, Web Pages and Documents to Speech Offline
Speak aloud high quality English British voices offline (including one female voice).
1. Speak aloud offline without internet connecting.
2. Speak aloud word by word, sentence by sentence and paragraph by paragraph.
3. Exercising and improving your language skills during a bike riding, jogging or walking.
4. Exercising (Reading then Recording) one sentence.
5. Funny bear and human face animations while speaking.
6. Speaking repeat, pause, rate and pitch options.
●●●●● Watch Video Demo ●●●●●
● Speak aloud offline
The app integrates a built-in high quality text-to-speech engine, speaks aloud offline without internet connecting.
It requires internet connection only while speaking the first sentence.
● Speak aloud word by word, sentence by sentence and paragraph by paragraph.
You can repeat one sentence (paragraph), and set speaking pause between sentences (paragraphs), speaking rate & pitch and voices.
The app speaks from the last sentence (paragraph) automatically.
You can repeat one word, and set speaking pause between words.
● Exercising and improving your language skills during a bike riding, jogging or walking
The app could read then record (and play the recorded voice) sentence by sentence.
It will amplify voice from microphone to earphone and record voice while recording.
You can set the recording period to the times of reading period for each sentence or fixed period.
● Exercising one sentence
Reading then recording one sentence.
● Speaking face animation
The app provides funny face animations while speaking.
you can choose bears and humans face animation with two types of mouth each.
You could drag and drop to move to other position and turn on or off the face animations feature.
● Speak aloud the copy & paste or key in text
Key in text from keyboard, or copy words, phrases, and sentences from other app, the text will be pasted automatically, and then it will speak sentence by sentence.
Speak aloud the touched selected words in key in and speaking mode.
● Speak aloud web pages
Speak aloud the whole web page from the beginning to the end sentence by sentence.
Speak aloud the touched selected words on web pages.
● Safari-like browser
Support Google search, bookmarks and browser history features.
● Speak aloud documents
Speak aloud the whole document page from the beginning to the end sentence by sentence.
Speak aloud the touched selected words on documents.
- Text (text, txt), RTF document (rtf)
- Microsoft Office: Word (doc, docx), Excel (xls, xlsx), PowerPoint (ppt, pptx, pps)
- Apple iWork: Pages (pages), Numbers (numbers), Keynote (key)
- eBook (unencrypted epub)
Please note that some licensed epub files are protected with encrypted data and are limited to use inside Apple iBook only.
PDF file format is not supported.
● Tree document file explorer
Expanding and showing sub folders and document files in the same view.
Search for files and folders.
Add, Delete, and Rename files and folders.
Drag & Drop to move files and folders.
● Support three ways to open documents
1. WiFi file transfer
2. Open In...
3. Apple iTunes
● Sentence by sentence window
● Support useful speaking options
The app provides some useful options, such as speaking repeat times of each sentence, speaking pause seconds between sentences, speaking pause seconds between words, speaking rate & pitch, speak English punctuation and display font size options.
● Email voice (wav) and text (pdf).
● Mark "Starred" to record favorite words
● Highlight words while speaking
● This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
August 27, 2013 New version 7.0
April 20, 2013 New version 5.0
March 30, 2013 New version 4.0
March 13, 2013 Initial Release