Episode 3.9.1. "Take notes beyond!"
(and make them look neat)
Give your notes a fresh start on OwnCloud or another WebDAV-based location.
Discover new UI features too!
Hint: right-click a notebook and check out the menu...
In case you might want to review what exactly v3.9.1 delivers, here is the list.
• WebDAV sync
• Magic arrows in the notebook right-click menu
• Occasional crashes (kudos to everyone who submitted details / contact info after crashes)
• A bunch of situations when duplicate sections might appear
• OneDrive for Business sync (beta available by request)
• SharePoint Server and Online sync (another beta available by request)
• iPhone version (yet another beta available by request)
• Font management options
Take notes beyond limits!
Take notes beyond the limits.
Create and edit anywhere in a note, keep notes locally/offline or in a cloud you like best, keep notes structured in the most natural hierarchy ever, and collaborate across devices and platforms. Freedom but clear structure. Power features but focus on note-taking. Beautiful UI. OneNote compatible.
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV, Box, or OneDrive
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Mind the coming-soon: SharePoint, OneDrive for Business / Office 365
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, images, checkboxes, hyperlinks, and more
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
- Manage font size and color, apply styles and highlighting
- Attach files and insert printouts, to collect documents in one place
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Import from OneNote, to give those notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your Mac and their PCs)
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, ideas, or even a book, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"Outline features a full complement of tools to construct even the most complicated notes" - Mac|Life.
"I like Outline's clean user interface" – iMore.
"Outline has a comfortable Mac look and feel" - Mac Appstorm.
Featured in the "Alternatives to Evernote" collection on Product Hunt: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out Outline for iPad at outline.ws/ipad
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 Price increase: $19.99 -> $39.99
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 13, 2015 New version 3.5.2
- September 22, 2015 New version 3.6
- October 07, 2015 New version 3.6.1
- October 15, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- October 19, 2015 Price decrease: $39.99 -> $15.99
- October 21, 2015 Price increase: $15.99 -> $39.99
- July 03, 2016 New version 3.8.1
- July 20, 2016 New version 3.8.2
- July 20, 2016 Price decrease: $39.99 -> $14.99
- July 27, 2016 Price increase: $14.99 -> $39.99
- August 10, 2016 New version 3.9.1