• Complete revamp of the UI
• Show/hide left panel with notebook tree
• Page full screen mode
• Sections can be reordered in the notebook tree and above the page by drag-n-drop
• Nested pages can be collapsed
• Nested pages can be moved together with the parent page
• Page list now supports changing page level with drag-n-drop
• Rename from page list
• Table support
• Hyperlink support
• External, inter, intra and wiki links can be added
• To-do tag is applied automatically on a new line in a list. Controlled by user setting.
• Set picture as background
• Spell checking and auto correction
• New panel with word, line and character count
• Improved page title display
• Outline file format optimized for Dropbox and Box
• Improved synchronization with OneDrive
• Notebooks can be opened from windows file shares in read-only mode
• PDF files can be imported as printouts and then exported back to PDF with annotations added
• Send page by email
• Export entire section to PDF file
• Usability Improvements
• 1000 and 1 bug were fixed
• Even more love was added to this handcrafted product
Outline for Mac is an intuitive note-taking application for OS X with convenient structure resembling real paper books: notebooks, sections, groups of sections and pages help to keep order in notes, regardless of their complexity. Outline for Mac is perfect for students, teachers, physicians, lawyers, executives and everyone who's daily life involves extensive note-taking of any kind. It can be coupled with Outline for iPad and Microsoft OneNote, which makes notes multi-platform.
**Enjoy your notes**
Type anywhere on a page. Much like in a good old paper notebook you just do it your way, without the constraints of a tool! Limits are a thing of the past: arrange your ideas in Outline as they grow and populate the canvas, wherever they may lie.
**Organize your data**
The flawless organization of Outline visually portrays the hierarchy of your ideas. Create sections, pages and groups of sections within a notebook and have them customized to that specific subject. You won't get lost, but pleased with the simplicity of such structure.
**Make your notes awesome**
Use various formatting: сhange font size and color, apply styles and highlighting, create numbered and bulleted lists, tables and hyperlinks. Visualize your notes with associative icons - add tags, create To-do lists not to miss a thing.
**Attach files and insert printouts**
To collect related documents in one place, add them as file attachments or insert them as printouts for annotation. This way Outline becomes a universal tool for storing and working with your data.
**Protect your notes**
Sensitive data deserves special attention and security.
Section password protection will keep your information safe using industry standard encryption algorithms. You have fine grained control when to automatically lock protected sections.
**Be mobile with Outline for iPad**
Get the desktop grade experience with this beautiful and powerful iPad app. You will find the same features in the smaller form factor. Do not forget to try inks!
NOTE: Outline for iPad and Outline for Mac are separate, though, fully compatible applications. In case you would like to use Outline both on your iPad and Mac, you need to equip your devices with the corresponding editions of Outline.
**Use with Microsoft OneNote**
Outline is fully compatible with Microsoft OneNote. It can work with OneNote binary format and OneNote synchronization providers (OneDrive).
▪ OneNote 2013 - supported
▪ OneNote 2010 - supported
▪ OneNote 2007 - read-only
▪ OneNote 2003 - not supported
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and stay updated!
Your questions, comments and feature requests are kindly welcome at our Support Centre: [email protected]
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- August 28, 2014 Price increase: $19.99 -> $39.99
- June 15, 2014 Initial release