Episode 3.12.2. "S is for Stability". While working on Big New Stuff like font support, simple shape drawer, and search by tags, we do our best to keep improving the overall stability.
This update is one of the kind.
Check it out!
Notes where they work best: captured at any spot on a page (like on paper), organized in the world's most natural hierarchy, stored in your local file system, and synced across devices with your favorite cloud.
**Circus Ponies import enabled**
Create and edit anywhere in a note, keep notes locally/offline or in a cloud you like best, keep notes structured in the most natural hierarchy ever, and collaborate across devices and platforms. Freedom but clear structure. Power features but focus on note-taking. Beautiful UI. OneNote compatible.
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV, Box, or OneDrive
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Mind the coming-soon: SharePoint, OneDrive for Business / Office 365
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, images, checkboxes, hyperlinks, and more
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
- Manage font size and color, apply styles and highlighting
- Attach files and insert printouts, to collect documents in one place
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Import from OneNote, to give those notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your Mac and their PCs)
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, ideas, or even a book, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"Outline features a full complement of tools to construct even the most complicated notes" - Mac|Life.
"I like Outline's clean user interface" – iMore.
"Outline has a comfortable Mac look and feel" - Mac Appstorm.
Featured in the "Alternatives to Evernote" collection on Product Hunt: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out Outline for iPad at outline.ws/ipad
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 Price increase: $19.99 -> $39.99
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 13, 2015 New version 3.5.2
- September 22, 2015 New version 3.6
- October 07, 2015 New version 3.6.1
- October 15, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- October 19, 2015 Price decrease: $39.99 -> $15.99
- October 21, 2015 Price increase: $15.99 -> $39.99
- July 03, 2016 New version 3.8.1
- July 20, 2016 New version 3.8.2
- July 20, 2016 Price decrease: $39.99 -> $14.99
- July 27, 2016 Price increase: $14.99 -> $39.99
- August 10, 2016 New version 3.9.1
- November 08, 2016 New version 3.11.2
- November 14, 2016 New version 3.12
- November 18, 2016 Price decrease: $39.99 -> $10.99
- November 22, 2016 Price increase: $10.99 -> $19.99
- November 23, 2016 New version 3.12.1
- November 23, 2016 Price increase: $19.99 -> $27.99
- November 24, 2016 New version 3.12.2
- November 25, 2016 Price decrease: $27.99 -> $10.99
- November 29, 2016 Price increase: $10.99 -> $39.99