We've improved the app performance for iOS 7.
Designed for Educators and Speech Language Pathologists who are working with students learning english, this app can be used in the classroom and home. The app is based on the classic memory game "concentration" and includes three levels of difficulty. After the words have been matched correctly, you will hear a clear pronunciation of the word to help reinforce reading fluency.
A variety of scaffolding support has been built in including the following:
- 3 levels of difficulty: 6 cards, 12 cards and 26 cards
- clear pronunciation for each word that is matched correctly
- includes all 220 Sight Words (Pre-primer, Primer, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3)
When working with students, encourage them to pronounce each word after it has been turned over to help develop their reading skills. This application is used in several schools in the United States in particular.
Are you interested in joining our app testers group and influencing our future apps? Join us at tapfun.com and learn about our methodology and approach.
Tapfun works with educators to produce educational apps for elementary school children. Our apps are designed to complement and supplement school curricula.
More About the Dolch Sight Words:
The Dolch sight word list contains 220 "service words" that have to be easily recognized in order to achieve reading fluency in the English language. There are five groups of words: Pre-primer, Primer, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3.
Sight word acquisition is a critical building block for any child's ability to read. For example, once he or she can read all of the words on Dolch’s lists, they will have access to 75% of what is printed in almost any piece of children’s literature. The more one-on-one time a child has learning and practicing sight words with an adult, the greater his chances to integrating them into his long-term memory. This app and the game of concentration is one of the best ways to reinforce and practice the sight words. Encourage your child to read the words when they are turned over.
- February 22, 2013 Initial release
- March 13, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- March 16, 2013 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- November 23, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- November 26, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- November 27, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 18, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 20, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 02, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- February 28, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- March 17, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- March 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99