Thanks for all your feedback sent via the app, we've got a nice little update for you.
- We heard some users were finding the grey font hard to read so we've now made it black
- We know some of you use larger font sizes on your phone's so now we observe that too and make the alerts nice and big
- Our feedback system was a little hard to use so we put a nice new one in that lets you choose your own screenshots to send us
- Some of you reported a bug where our app was using too much space so we put the app on a little diet meaning you can have that space back.
- Fixed a bug where deleting monitored locations would incorrectly report success when it wasn't. If you had this bug we recommend pulling down to refresh your locations but you shouldn't have this problem again.
Thank you so much for all your feedback and keep it coming. You can send us feedback by pressing the "Give Feedback" button at the bottom of the Info tab in the app.
**One of CNN's 7 apps to help survive a tornado**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down.
• Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
- March 04, 2013 Initial release
- May 04, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- June 13, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- July 18, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- March 14, 2014 New version 2.0
- April 15, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- May 24, 2014 New version 2.1
- June 04, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- June 27, 2014 New version 2.1.3
- July 24, 2014 New version 2.1.4
- October 13, 2014 New version 2.1.5
- December 09, 2015 New version 3.0.1
- July 06, 2016 New version 3.2.1
- December 02, 2016 New version 3.3.1