What's NewBit of Exercise goes indoors!
No longer is the GPS a requirement to record new exercises. Instead you can add manual entries as well as record indoor activities with optional sensors such as heart rate, pedometer or bike speed/cadence sensors.
* Bit of Exercise now includes a pedometer by using the built-in accelerometer to detect steps. You enable the pedometer in the sensor profile.
* The pedometer can also be used to measure distance (e.g. when used indoors on treadmill) by entering a stride length.
Manual Exercise Entry
* Manual exercise entries can now be added from the settings pane or history view.
Indoor Exercise Recording
* When working out indoors the GPS can be disabled and the distance will be calculated from the built-in pedometer or a bike sensor.
* When using the pedometer your stride length will be calculated. Support for stride length has been added to displays, graphs, announcements and sharing.
Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements
* Fixed an error in the average split calculation of heart rate and cadence.
* Improvements Bluetooth sensor pairing and discovery.
* Fixed a bug where not all announcements where spoken when testing from settings.
* Improved behavior when retrying a failed share attempt.
* Improved RunKeeper import stability.
* Fixed many graph related bugs.
* Fixed a bug with profiles, where setting one profile in a category or activity could reset the profile in other categories or activities.
* Fixed bug where bike distance were used even though it was set to be disabled.
* Plus many other minor bugs fixes and stability improvements.
App Description"The app boasts an incredible amount of detail. The stand-out feature, at least for me, is the ability to choose when Bit of Exercise starts tracking my workout." - Jennifer Beese / Todays iPhone
"The announcements make me feel like I have a personal trainer! This is a brilliant app. Well worth the money!" - jenbee6 / App Store Review
EVERY BIT OF EXERCISE COUNTS
Take your activities, such as running, cycling and walking, to a new level with Bit of Exercise. No longer do you have to manually keep a record over your exercise data. Instead, Bit of Exercise will handle the recording of your exercises for you, using your iPhone's built in GPS, pedometer or other external sensors. After completing an exercise you will be able to review it in detail, compare it with a reference and share it with friends, all without ever leaving your iPhone.
Bit of Exercise introduces the concept of start and end criteria that fully automates the recording of exercises. No need to fiddle with your phone during your workout. Instead pocket your iPhone, take your time to warm up or tie your shoelaces and start at your convenience. Bit of Exercise will automatically start recording your exercise when you leave your current location and end it when you return.
As you are advancing, you will soon start to appreciate how Bit of Exercise allows you to combine your activities into multi-segment activity programs. This allows you to create more complex exercises, such as interval, multi-sport and hill training programs. You can set up start and end criteria based on locations, distances or durations for each individual segment. Combine this with the guidance from spoken announcements, and you have an amazing exercise coach in your iPhone.
After completing an exercise you will appreciate the immediate access to your results. Graphs and maps can be zoomed, and you can easily navigate to any location along your route for closer examination, all on your iPhone. No need to upload your exercise data to a website to be able to properly analyze it. Neither do you have to setup any accounts or pay any monthly fees.
** This is the Lite version of Bit of Exercise. It includes everything of the full version but has a limited number of exercises that can be recorded. The full version will give you the option to import your Lite exercise data for a seamless transition.
INNOVATIVE AND UNIQUE FEATURES
• Easy and efficient user interface for both new and advanced users.
• Start and end criteria for automated recording.
• Combine activities into arbitrary complex exercise programs.
• Detailed examination of exercise data along routes.
* Reuse groups of related settings using profiles.
INTUITIVE RECORDING AND REVIEWING
• Feature rich dashboard for recording and reviewing.
• Compete against and compare results with a reference.
• Share results with Facebook, Twitter, RunKeeper and Daily Mile.
• Built-in pedometer for measuring cadence and stride length.
• Connect to ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 BTLE sensors to measure heart rate, cadence and distance.
• Exercise statistics for tracking progress over time.
FLEXIBLE AND FEATURE RICH SETTINGS
• Highly configurable, professionally spoken announcements.
• Auto pause detection for removal of non-active time.
• Use headphone remote to pause and resume exercises.
• Easy import and export of exercise data using popular exchange formats.
• Handles multiple activities and their settings with ease.
“Love this app tells me if I improved my walking time. Fun to use.” - Linnynurseaide / App Store Review
"Overall I’d have to say that I have enjoyed using this app. It does have a lot of great features that many other apps do not offer." - Michael Halloran / 148Apps
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
November 17, 2013 New version 2.5.3
September 26, 2013 New version 2.5.2
August 17, 2013 New version 2.5
May 15, 2013 New version 2.3
April 16, 2013 New version 2.2
March 28, 2013 New version 2.1
February 26, 2013 Initial Release