We cannot answer questions or comments posted on the appstore. Please use our discussion board instead.
• This version resolves an issue with requesting permission to display home location.
Pocket Guide UK Seashore is a great reference guide for Beach Combers, Foragers, Ramblers, Walkers or just when enjoying Rock Pooling with your children on a day out at the beach.
Contains nearly 500 entries of commonly found Species, Plants, Animals, Whales, Seals, Fish, Jellyfish, Shells, Anemones, Seaweeds, Wild Herbs, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Shore Birds, Coastal Birds of Prey, Castles and many other features found around the UK coastline.
Main Scroll View can be optionally re-categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a wide variety of useful information
Search features to help identify Seashore features
• Unique Colour search using Colour selection
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Group (called Shapes) search
• Map of historical coastal defenses
• Historical catch rates
• Minimum landing sizes
Seashore Entries including
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Primary Colours
• Specialised Information
• Culinary uses
• Traditional or historical uses
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• Detailed Glossary
• Useful Website and References list
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting Notes and Images to your wall or feeds.
Other useful utilities are included to help when you are out rambling such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern Hemisphere only.
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
- nb. set your location on the map and GMT offset as required.
• Places of Interest Map (Map Finder).
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
We are happy to consider including new features or species.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• [email protected]
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• This App requires 650 Mb of free space to fully install.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Please let us know if we have missed any common species so we can add them in later versions.
• This App does not cover non-native imported species.
- June 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- April 30, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- February 14, 2015 New version 2.4.1
- September 06, 2014 New version 2.0.7
- July 13, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 15, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- February 18, 2013 Initial release