Note: Your current student data will not be imported during the update in this version.
- Ability to specify pages for activities
****Auditory Processing Studio is a great app for targeting CAPD and other Auditory Processing Disorders. With this app, you can target auditory discrimination, auditory closure, and phonological awareness. If you have students with CAPD or auditory processing disorders, you will definitely want to check out this app! (Carrie's Speech Corner)****
Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and up who exhibit Central Auditory Processing Disorder or other auditory processing disorders. This research-based app implements the bottom-top approach to treatment of auditory processing disorders and focuses on improving auditory processing through auditory discrimination, auditory closure, and phonological awareness activities. Users can also introduce background noise to help children or adults practice their listening skills in a noisy environment.
Auditory Processing Studio employs a bottom-top approach. To complement this app, speech pathologists may consider Auditory Workout, another app developed by Virtual Speech Center, which targets the top-down approach to auditory processing disorder. (The Auditory Workout app was cited in the book by Dr. D. Geffner and Dr. D. Ross-Swain, “Auditor Processing Disorders: Assessment, Management and Treatment”.)
Auditory Processing Studio is an engaging and colorful app that includes over 2,400 audio exercises. It can be easily modified for adults by turning off the child-oriented reward system. Children are welcomed by a boy named Andrew, who encourages them to work hard. Children earn an instrument for each correct response, and when they accumulate enough instruments, they are rewarded with their own music studio. While in the studio, they can play their instruments.
Auditory Processing Studio includes 2450 stimuli in the following activities:
-Auditory Discrimination- 16 levels of difficulty. Each level contains 50 trials; making a total of 800 stimuli.
-Auditory Closure - 17 levels of difficulty. Each level contains 50 trials; making a total of 850 stimuli.
-Phonological Awareness- 16 levels of difficulty. Each level contains 50 trials; making a total of 800 stimuli.
-Figure-Ground - The above activities can be practiced in the presence of competing noise.
Auditory Processing Studio is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools, enabling them to perform the following tasks:
-Enter multiple students
-Select levels of difficulty
-Select alternate counts for multiple students
-Enable or disable the reward
-Enable or disable feedback sounds
-Track correct and incorrect responses
-E-mail results at the end of the game
Treatment of Auditory Processing Disorder
Much research is still needed to understand auditory processing disorders and treatment approaches; however, many studies have shown that frequent, challenging, and intense auditory training that targets the specific auditory deficit or deficits through active participation by the listener in therapy is likely to improve auditory processing (Bellis, 2003).
Intervention for auditory processing disorders should employ both bottom-up and top-down treatment approaches (ASHA, 2005a; Chermak 1998).
Chermak, G.D. 1998. “Managing central auditory processing
disorders: Metalinguistic and metacognitive approaches.” Seminars in Hearing 19: 379–392.
Bellis, T.J. 2003. “Assessment and Management of Central Auditory Processing Disorders in the Educational Setting from Science to Practice” 2nd edition.
Central Auditory Processing Disorders (technical report): ASHA, 2005a
*Auditory Closure- Level 1 of Auditory Closure may be more appropriate for children then adults as it contains children’s nursery rhymes/songs.
- February 17, 2013 Initial release
- April 03, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $23.99
- April 12, 2013 Price increase: $23.99 -> $29.99
- May 01, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $23.99
- May 15, 2013 Price increase: $23.99 -> $29.99
- July 13, 2013 New version 1.1
- July 18, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- August 01, 2013 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- November 13, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $24.99
- November 20, 2013 Price increase: $24.99 -> $29.99
- February 10, 2014 New version 1.2
- February 24, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- April 15, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $24.99
- April 23, 2014 Price increase: $24.99 -> $29.99
- May 17, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $24.99
- May 24, 2014 Price increase: $24.99 -> $29.99
- November 17, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $17.99
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: $17.99 -> $29.99
- January 27, 2015 New version 1.3
- April 30, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $20.99
- June 03, 2015 Price increase: $20.99 -> $29.99
- August 12, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- August 20, 2015 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- November 09, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $20.99
- November 21, 2015 Price increase: $20.99 -> $29.99
- December 01, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $20.99
- December 17, 2015 Price increase: $20.99 -> $29.99
- August 14, 2016 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- November 08, 2016 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99