A neurologic examination algorithm allows the practitioner, in a stepwise and efficient manner, to elicit findings that distinguish the main categories of neurological disease. It is vital that every health professional (especially medical students, general practitioners, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and physicians) dominates the subject.
The neurological exam application aims to aid in learning on this complex subject. The content was developed by a team of neurosurgeons that actuate in Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte - MG (Brazil) and are members of NEUROSURGERY BLOG. It is composed by physicians: Dr. Mauro Cruz Machado Borgo, Dr. Lucas Alverne Freitas de Albuquerque, Dr. Júlio Leonardo Barbosa Pereira, Dr. José Lopes Filho, Dr. Marcello Penholatte Faria, and Prof. Dr. Gervásio Teles Cardoso de Carvalho.
The application has more than 20 schematic figures, main neurological scales, and updated neurological disease to facilitate learning.
The Neuroexam App also brings the possibility of storing photos of neurological injuries and neurologic signs from the user's library or from the camera. Professionals to archive their main skull or spine tomographies, conventional brain and bone MRI, and other pictures of interest.
Subjects approached in the application:
1. Introduction to the neurological semiology
2. The mental state
3. Cranial nerves
4. Ocular semiology
8. Equilibrium, coordination and gait
9. Signs of meningeal irritation
10. Spine semiology
11. Neurological examination in coma
12. Neurological topographical syndromes
13. Considerations in the preoperative period
14. General Considerations of the patient in the postoperative neurosurgical
15. Brain death
- February 22, 2013 Initial release
- June 27, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- July 13, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- February 25, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- May 03, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99