- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Support for multiple trading accounts
- Support for multiple entries and exits
- Custom date ranges in reports
- Adding charts to your trading records using iPad's camera
We love hearing from you! You can contact us by sending email to [email protected], visiting our website www.tradingdiary.pro or joining us on Facebook www.facebook.com/PlumSquare
Trading Diary is 30% OFF for a limited time.
Trading Diary is the solution you need to Become a Better Trader. Trading Diary will take your trading to the next level by giving you a comprehensive and powerful, yet simple to use, platform for planning, managing, and reviewing your stock, futures, options, and forex trades.
It has been developed based on the doctrines of Dr. Alexander Elder, widely recognized as the leading voice in trading psychology today, who stresses the importance of keeping a trading diary to become a better trader in his books The New Sell and Sell Short and Come to My Trading Room.
Trading Diary implements Dr. Elder’s outstanding approach to recordkeeping in a simple yet powerful app, now available for your iPad.
RISK CONTROL AND TRADE MANAGEMENT
● Trading Diary supports stocks, futures, options (outrights only, spreads are not supported) and forex
● Automatically sets position sizes that will keep you within your risk threshold for each trade
● Calculates your risk/reward ratio
● Provides realistic profit targets based on channel parameters
● Track all open, closed, and planned positions to ensure that your total risk never exceeds the maximum monthly risk level, preventing you from overtrading
● Different strategies are now supported for trading performance analysis
ANALYSIS AND REVIEW
● Grades entries and exits
● Grades overall trade based on % of channel captured
● Calculates and records slippage on entry and exit
● Brilliant calendar function with one-click sorting for almost any parameter
● Attach charts and notes on entry, during trade, and on exit for review
● Sections for post-trade analysis after exit and follow-up analysis up to 2 months later
● Statistics and Equity Curve for easy to analyze results
WHY SHOULD I KEEP A TRADING DIARY?
Simple - you only improve when you learn from your mistakes. As Dr. Elder explains in The New Sell and Sell Short, there are two goals for every trade you initiate: to make money and to become a better trader. “You may or may not reach the first goal, but you must reach the second. If you do not learn from your trades, you are wasting your time and money.”
Your method of trading - charts, technical analysis, fundamentals, etc - is only one piece of a successful trading strategy. It doesn’t address the other two most important aspects - risk management and improving your skills. This is where Trading Diary is indispensable.
Just set your parameters in the settings to get started - max risk % per trade, max risk % per month, and starting deposit. Then, as you plan your trade and adjust any of the three risk factors - money to put in the trade, number of shares to trade, or risk threshold - Trading Diary will automatically adjust the other two factors, ensuring that your risk is always limited and that you don’t overtrade.
WHY DO I NEED THIS APP?
The same reason you need a car. It will get you where you want to go much faster and with much less hassle than walking or taking the subway.
Trading Diary gives you a platform for recording every aspect of your trades, from entry to exit, in a comprehensive but easy-to-navigate interface that will make learning from your mistakes and successes as simple as reading from a manual. It’s actually like writing your own training manual as you go!
Bottom line? Trading Diary will help you Become a Better Trader.
Download the Trading Diary Manual: http://www.plumsquare.com/support/tradingdiary.pdf
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- January 21, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- December 25, 2013 New version 1.2
- October 31, 2013 New version 1.1.3
- October 17, 2013 New version 1.1.2
- October 10, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- June 19, 2013 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $119.99
- June 14, 2013 Price increase: $89.99 -> $179.99
- June 12, 2013 New version 1.1
- June 07, 2013 Price decrease: $119.99 -> $89.99
- May 15, 2013 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $119.99
- March 19, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- March 13, 2013 Price increase: $149.99 -> $179.99
- March 12, 2013 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $149.99
- February 28, 2013 Initial release