App DescriptionTrading Diary is the solution you need to Become a Better Trader. Trading Diary will take your trading to the next level by giving you a comprehensive and powerful, yet simple to use, platform for planning, managing, and reviewing your stock trades.
It has been developed based on the doctrines of Dr. Alexander Elder, widely recognized as the leading voice in trading psychology today, who stresses the importance of keeping a trading diary to become a better trader in his books The New Sell and Sell Short and Come to My Trading Room.
Trading Diary implements Dr. Elder’s outstanding approach to recordkeeping in a simple yet powerful app, now available for your iPad.
RISK CONTROL AND TRADE MANAGEMENT
● Automatically sets position sizes that will keep you within your risk threshold for each trade
● Calculates your risk/reward ratio
● Provides realistic profit targets based on channel parameters
● Track all open, closed, and planned positions to ensure that your total risk never exceeds the maximum monthly risk level, preventing you from overtrading
ANALYSIS AND REVIEW
● Grades entries and exits
● Grades overall trade based on % of channel captured
● Calculates and records slippage on entry and exit
● Brilliant calendar function with one-click sorting for almost any parameter
● Attach charts and notes on entry, during trade, and on exit for review
● Sections for post-trade analysis after exit and follow-up analysis up to 2 months later
● Statistics and Equity Curve for easy to analyze results
WHY SHOULD I KEEP A TRADING DIARY?
Simple - you only improve when you learn from your mistakes. As Dr. Elder explains in The New Sell and Sell Short, there are two goals for every trade you initiate: to make money and to become a better trader. “You may or may not reach the first goal, but you must reach the second. If you do not learn from your trades, you are wasting your time and money.”
Your method of trading - charts, technical analysis, fundamentals, etc - is only one piece of a successful trading strategy. It doesn’t address the other two most important aspects - risk management and improving your skills. This is where Trading Diary is indispensable.
Just set your parameters in the settings to get started - max risk % per trade, max risk % per month, and starting deposit. Then, as you plan your trade and adjust any of the three risk factors - money to put in the trade, number of shares to trade, or risk threshold - Trading Diary will automatically adjust the other two factors, ensuring that your risk is always limited and that you don’t overtrade.
WHY DO I NEED THIS APP?
The same reason you need a car. It will get you where you want to go much faster and with much less hassle than walking or taking the subway.
Trading Diary gives you a platform for recording every aspect of your trades, from entry to exit, in a comprehensive but easy-to-navigate interface that will make learning from your mistakes and successes as simple as reading from a manual. It’s actually like writing your own training manual as you go!
Bottom line? Trading Diary will help you Become a Better Trader.
May 14, 2013 Price Decrease: $179.99 -> $119.99
March 20, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release