148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Alex The Handyman - Kids Educational App is a cute and fun app allowing children to use various tools to help friends with a variety of home repairs.
What's Newminor changes
App Description**Ranked in the Top 10 Educational Games worldwide!
**Featured all over the world in New and Noteworthy and What's Hot!
The one and only animated game about using TOOLS for kids and with HD Retina Artwork which looks fantastic on the NEW iPad and iPhone5.
The Bear family is having a number of household repair work jobs such as a leaky tap, broken fence, unfinished brick wall and many more. They have called the talented 'Alex The Handyman' to fix these issues for them. Can you help Alex carry out these jobs so that the Bear family can live in peace. Explore the house to view the different rooms. All the rooms have different jobs to be done. Select the right tool for a particular job from the toolbox and learn how a tool operates and sounds.
Different Tools to be used:
Paint Roller – painting a wall.
Screwdriver – fixing a wheel that has come off a toy train.
Hammer – Fixing a broken fence.
Trowel – laying bricks.
Saw – cutting wood to fix a ladder.
Electric Drill – drilling in a screw to hang a picture.
Wrench – fixing a dripping tap.
Pliers – fixing a broken electrical cord.
Air Pump – pumping a car tire.
Fire Extinguisher – putting out a kitchen fire.
Watering Can – watering plants.
Super Glue – fixing a broken vase.
Needle & Thread – mending a torn dress.
Stain Remover – removing a stain from the bed.
Bulbs- replacing blown bulbs in the garage.
* Teaches the kids about various tools and how they are used for different purposes
* Brilliant artwork, marvelous animation and fantastic sound effects make it an engaging game to play.
* No in-app purchases and no third party links
* The app has been simplified to make the interface kid-friendly.
* HInts will appear if the child gets stuck in a scene.
Things to talk about with your child:
* Name the different tools and discuss the tools that you have in your house. How similar are the jobs in the game to the jobs in your own house.
* Talk about why a particular tool is used for a job instead of any other. For example, Why can't a screwdriver be used to drill a screw in the wall?
* Which tools are dangerous and should be used only by grown-ups.
We are always looking for suggestions for improvements. If you have anything to say you can always drop us an email or contact us through social media.
We take privacy very seriously and we don't collect or store any personal data.
You can review more privacy-related information at http://www.curiousfingers.com/aboutus.html
Curious Fingers is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. As a ‘Moms with Apps’ member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps.
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.2
May 10, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
April 06, 2013 New version 1.1
February 22, 2013 Initial Release