This is a quick reference guide for native American english speaker to understand the commonly spoken British english words.
While the English-speaking world is getting smaller by the day, the great divide that is the Atlantic ocean a.k.a "the pond" can sometimes still be a barrier, in more ways than one! Speak the same English language, but get that foreign feeling when someone across the pond say something? It's the "same same but different" effect!
Let "British English for Americans" app help you decipher the mystery words that native British speakers use. You will no longer be in doubt that "Pants" don't really mean trousers and "to knock up somebody" actually means to awaken somebody... you know how embarrassing it is if you had thought otherwise. Learn the difference and speak with confidence!
Another fun-series glossary app by Unfair Advantage.
- Instant lookup without the need to have an internet access.
- Ability to bookmark your favourite terms.
- Ability to add your own words and meaning to the dictionary.
- Ability to share words and definitions via SMS, email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Scroll through words by swiping screen.
- February 19, 2013 Initial release