App DescriptionTank Invasion is a tactical action war game in the spirit of Cannon Fodder and Commandos, but adapted to smart phones. The game offers an innovative semi-turn based mechanic that offers fast paced action without the need for quick reflexes and clicking at every enemy. Instead combat progresses in turns and will pause for issuing commands.
In the game you command teams of Tanks, Bazookas and Infantry to search and destroy an enemy base. In the Conquest game mode you have find and capture enemy outposts to build your army before you can attack the base. In the Skirmish game mode you start with an army and need recon the enemy base to decide best attack direction and strategy. Destroying enemies will also give you experience to pick Perks that help you in the mission.
The best strategy is to utilize unit advantages:
- Tanks will win Infantry
- Infantry will win Bazookas
- Bazookas will win Tanks
I.e. you should try to take out isolated enemies with units of advantage and try to avoid battles where you will be at disadvantage.
- Multiple units to use: Tanks, Infantry and Bazookas
- Two distinct game modes: Conquest and Skirmish
- Turn-based gameplay that pauses the game for issuing orders and does not require hectic button mashing
- RPG elements with perks earned from experience
- Gameplay customizable to liking with settings for difficulty, game speed, number of soldiers, map size and how often game pauses during combat
Tactical Invasion is a sister game to Infantry Invasion and Tactical Invasion that take different perspective on the same theme.
The game is free, but but to customize the gameplay to your liking you need to unlock the custom game mode. This allows you to set the difficulty, game speed, map size, unit size and how often combat is paused for issuing orders.
May 06, 2013 New version 1.8.3
March 20, 2013 New version 1.8.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release