- Fixes purchase problems for Hamlet and Othello
"Plays spring to life" - Reuters
"An accessible entry-point for Shakespeare newcomers, but with enough literary analysis and smart navigation to tempt even experts" - TechDigest
"This app is comprehensive, educational and hugely entertaining." - TotalApps
One of The Observer's Top 25 Apps of 2012, and shortlisted for the Futurebook awards as Best Reference App 2012.
The Explore Shakespeare edition of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” brings this great comic love story to life like never before. Cambridge’s definitive version of the text has been beautifully reimagined for iPad, with illuminating visuals, helpful commentary and a compelling audio performance starring Warren Mitchell, Michael Maloney and Sarah Woodward.
- Read the play and choose your own level of customisation and enhancement.
- Listen to a full audio performance of the play, starring Warren Mitchell, Michael Maloney and Sarah Woodward.
- See the action with over 100 photographs of professional productions, including stars like Dawn French, Rupert Everett, Michelle Pfeiffer and Kevin Kline.
- Understand Shakespeare’s language better with clear glossary definitions throughout.
- Get an overview of the action with plot summaries inside the play.
- Explore the language of each scene and character through interactive word clouds.
- Pick a character and see their sections of the play clearly separated – perfect for learning your lines, or for studying a particular character’s story.
- Understand the relationships between characters with Circles for each scene.
- Use the Themeline to see how the play’s themes ebb and flow through the acts.
- Get involved in the play through hundreds of tried-and-tested activities, for individuals, pairs and groups.
- Search the entire text, with highlighting and filtering.
- Use detailed notes alongside the text to examine the literary inspirations and history of interpretation of the play.
- Delve deeper into the context, key themes and history of the play with a series of accessible articles by authoritative Cambridge sources.
Cambridge University Press (publisher of the definitive texts of Shakespeare’s works) has joined forces with Agant (creator of acclaimed apps like ‘Timeline World War 2’ and ‘Malcolm Tucker: The Missing Phone’) to present the greatest works of literature in the English language on the iPad.
BUY NOW and explore Shakespeare today.
Romeo and Juliet (http://j.mp/RomeoApp)
Twelfth Night (http://j.mp/TwelfthApp)
- February 14, 2013 Initial release
- April 02, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- June 14, 2013 New version 1.1.3
- August 20, 2013 New version 1.2
- August 21, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- September 17, 2013 New version 1.3
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.3.1
- October 10, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $6.99
- January 21, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- January 26, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99