Four new interactive chapters:
• Ten Queue Berry Mulch—Test your speech recognition skills
• Maim That Tune—Explore the emotional impact of musical scales
• Silent Day, Noisy Night—Learn how temperature plays tricks with sound
• Hear ‘n There—Take an auditory tour through different acoustic spaces
Also added iOS7 compatibility and made minor usability enhancements and bug fixes.
Explore the surprising side of sound with Sound Uncovered, an interactive book featuring auditory illusions, acoustic phenomena, and other things that go bump, beep, boom, and vroom.
From the makers of Color Uncovered—the Exploratorium—this app puts you at the center of the experiment: Hear with your eyes, see with your ears, make and modify recordings, test your hearing, and more.
How do you make a saxophone growl? Are there secret messages in music played backward? Why does the sound of gum chewing drive some people mad? Listen up and find answers to these questions and more as you take an auditory trip to the place where sound gets truly interesting: the space between your ears.
Find more to explore from the Exploratorium online at www.exploratorium.edu. Better yet, visit us in person at our new home at Pier 15 in San Francisco, California.
***Tip for users with sound playback issues: make sure the side switch on your iPad is not set to mute. (This is separate from the volume control.)
- November 14, 2013 New version 2.0
- March 13, 2013 New version 1.1
- February 18, 2013 Initial release