We’ve got a new look! We’ve got bigger pictures, brighter colors and cooler icons. The whole redesign is focused on making it easier to discover what’s great about a destination. We hope you’ll enjoy it just as much as we do!
You’ll notice the new design immediately, but we also added a bunch of new features you’ll love:
- New and improved trip planning! Plan and manage your trip directly from the home screen. Add dates and save all the places you want to visit in one place.
- Catch a ride! If Uber is available where you are, we can help you get a ride. You will see an Uber icon below each place of interest that lets you know how long it will take to get an Uber. Tapping the button opens the Uber app with the starting point and destination already selected.
- Find out where to hang out! Discover the cool areas more easily by searching exactly where you want to go. Instead of searching by city alone, we added a feature that allows you to search for smaller districts, neighborhoods and even regions on an island. Now you will get a complete and more accurate list of things to do in that area.
- And as always, we've updated our guides with new places and small tweaks to improve your experience.
The Iceland Travel guide offers you complete and up to date city guides for Reykjavik and many other travel destinations in Iceland.
Features of the Travel Guide:
* This free app brings you city guides for many cities in Iceland including Reykjavik and many more.
* Each travel guide has a sightseeing section with all major monuments.
* For each city in Iceland we have an eating out section with the best restaurants.
* Bars, pubs & nightlife section for all major cities in Iceland.
* An offline map of Iceland and offline city maps for all major cities.
* A phrasebook with useful Icelandic phrases.
* The travel guide has a complete background information on Iceland.
* App works offline.
* Free app - no hidden costs.
What people say:
"Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommers at home. Your phone and a Travel Guide is all you need."
"Travel Guide works offline and even has an offline map. So no roaming charges. And it's free!"
About our guides:
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Our travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
- February 23, 2013 Initial release
- April 09, 2013 New version 2.3.2
- May 08, 2013 New version 2.4.1
- July 19, 2013 New version 2.5.2
- October 10, 2013 New version 2.6.1
- October 30, 2013 New version 2.6.4
- December 06, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- December 18, 2013 New version 3.1.0
- February 22, 2014 New version 3.2.0
- April 05, 2014 New version 3.2.2
- April 09, 2014 New version 3.2.3
- April 17, 2014 New version 3.2.4
- November 03, 2014 New version 4.0.2
- November 08, 2014 New version 4.0.3
- November 20, 2014 New version 4.1.1
- December 05, 2014 New version 4.1.2
- December 20, 2014 New version 4.2.1
- January 28, 2015 New version 4.3.1
- February 21, 2015 New version 4.4.0
- March 18, 2015 New version 4.5.0
- April 27, 2015 New version 4.6.1
- May 24, 2015 New version 4.7.2
- June 03, 2015 New version 4.7.4
- July 14, 2015 New version 4.8.1
- August 01, 2015 New version 4.8.2
- September 13, 2015 New version 5.0.3
- June 30, 2016 New version 6.0.1