What's New- Fixed a bug that would crash when selecting text, if the "Speak Selection" system preference is turned on.
- Fixed a stack bug that could cause a crash after a "quit" command.
App Description*Heliopause* is interactive fiction â€” a classic text adventure. No graphics! No point-and-click! You type your commands, and read what happens next.
Steer a ship to distant stars and see what you find, in this compact science-fictional fairy tale.
- A snack-sized narrative, finishable in one session.
- Fluid interface designed for comfortable typing and reading.
- Achievements tracked through Game Center.
- Pop-up palette of commonly used commands.
- Includes a handy status display tab (so you donâ€™t have to type â€śEXAMINE SHIPâ€ť over and over). Bonus ship diagrams and graphics added especially for this iOS release.
- Full support for VoiceOver (speech output) and dictation (speech input) on devices that offer these features.
â€śIn Heliopause, space is the Great Forest of Arthurian knight-errant and Grimm fairytale, or the ocean of the Odyssey: anything might be encountered there, but you won't be able to plot it on a map.â€ť â€” Sam Kabo Ashwell
â€śLike many of Andrew Plotkin's games, *Hoist Sail for the Heliopause and Home* is beautiful because so alien... The game-play is extremely ingenious at teaching the player to manipulate and appreciate something completely unrecognizable.â€ť â€” Emily Short at PlayThisThing
*Heliopause* won the XYZZY Award for Best Writing of 2010. A browser-playable version is also available (for free) on my web site.
April 03, 2013 New version 1.0.1
February 14, 2013 Initial Release