This update is specially interesting for those of you who do both photography and cinema.
- Now, all the calculators allow you to set cameras used in filmmaking like Arri, Red, Vision Research Phantom and Blackmagic. If you use a camera that is not on the list, do not hesitate to email us via [email protected] and we'll add it in the next update.
- iOS 8 Bug fixed. It occurred when adding an event to the calendar.
- Other cameras added: Canon EOS 1D X Mark II, EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1); Sony Alpha a6300, Cyber-shot DSC-QX100, Cyber-shot DSC-QX30; Nikon Coolpix A10, Coolpix A100; Fujifilm XP90, X-E2S, X-Pro2, X70; Leica X-U (Typ 113); Olympus PEN-F
Finally, we’d like to thank Jordi Planell and Juanjo Serrano for helping us with this version ;)
We’ll keep improving!
Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel all around the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of your questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Sun, Moon and Milky Way Planner
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonphase, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV, Subject Distance, Focal Length Match
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way... and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can just let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a dramatic full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunrise between two giant rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* No frustrations
No matter how many ideas you have, quickly calculate whether the photo is possible or not. Avoid wasting your precious time in useless research work.
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe while traveling with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the key Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming saved photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you actually nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our step-by-step How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
- March 21, 2013 Initial release
- April 15, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- May 04, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- May 06, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- May 31, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- July 13, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- September 11, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- October 10, 2013 New version 1.1
- November 29, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 06, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- February 27, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- April 03, 2014 New version 1.1.3
- May 27, 2014 New version 1.1.4
- July 22, 2014 New version 1.2
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- November 14, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.2.3
- March 04, 2015 New version 1.2.4
- May 04, 2015 New version 1.2.5
- June 03, 2015 New version 1.2.6
- July 15, 2015 New version 1.2.7
- October 05, 2015 New version 1.2.8
- November 03, 2015 New version 2.0
- November 16, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- November 29, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 08, 2015 New version 2.1
- February 04, 2016 New version 2.1.1
- February 15, 2016 New version 2.1.2