- Minor bugs fixed.
- iPad 3 and iPad 4 augmented reality problems solved.
- New cameras added: Nikon D610, Leica SL (Typ 601) and Sony SLT-A68.
We’re working on the sync between iPhone and iPad.
Thanks so much for your feedback and support!
Do you know the famous AC/DC song “It’s a long way to the top (if you wanna rock ‘n‘ roll)”?
Well, the song explains how hard it is to become a rock star and how much effort you must invest to reach your goals. In the same way, PhotoPills 2.0 has also been a long long way for us but, AT LAST! We are delighted to shout:
“Yeah! The iPad version is here! Are you ready for Rock ‘n’ Roll?”
* Ready for your iPad
PhotoPills was made for rocking on a larger screen.
* Discover our Widgets and enjoy all daily information in just one swipe
Enable our Widgets and just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the key Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming saved photo plans.
* Complete new redesign
We’ve learned from our mistakes. Now PhotoPills is more beautiful, more user friendly and more useful.
* New Sun and Moon pills
All the information you need displayed in a simple and useful way.
* New map buttons added to the Planner
- Do/undo buttons:
Very useful to recover previous positions of the Observer’s Pin and the Obstacle’s Pin.
- Swap Pins button:
Tap it when you want to swap the position of the Observer’s Pin and the Obstacle’s Pin.
- Extend Sun/Moon azimuth lines button:
Use it to figure out where you can place the Observer’s pin for a given sun or Moon alignment.
- Change Map type button:
Change the map type faster, directly from the Planner.
- Show your current position on maps button:
Enable your current position on the map, directly from the Planner.
- Block map buttons:
Tap it if you want to have the map buttons always visible.
* New cameras added
Nikon: Coolpix A
Canon: EOS M10, PowerShot G9 X, PowerShot G5 X
Panasonic: DMC-FZ70, Lumix DMC-FZ300, Lumix DMC-GX8
Fujifilm: X-T1 IR
Olympus: OM-D E-M10 II
Sony: Alpha 7S II, Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II, Cyber-shot DSC-HXR400V
Sync between iPhone and iPad will be available soon, we’re already working on it!
We’re listening to you, we’ll keep improving PhotoPills... we’ll be back soon! ;)
Thanks to all PhotoPillers for your help and support!
Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel all around the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of your questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Sun, Moon and Milky Way Planner
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonphase, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV, Subject Distance, Focal Length Match
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way... and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can just let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a dramatic full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunrise between two giant rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* No frustrations
No matter how many ideas you have, quickly calculate whether the photo is possible or not. Avoid wasting your precious time in useless research work.
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe while traveling with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the key Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming saved photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you actually nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our step-by-step How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
- March 21, 2013 Initial release
- April 15, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- May 04, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- May 06, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- May 31, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- July 13, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- September 11, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- October 10, 2013 New version 1.1
- November 29, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 06, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- February 27, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- April 03, 2014 New version 1.1.3
- May 27, 2014 New version 1.1.4
- July 22, 2014 New version 1.2
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- November 14, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.2.3
- March 04, 2015 New version 1.2.4
- May 04, 2015 New version 1.2.5
- June 03, 2015 New version 1.2.6
- July 15, 2015 New version 1.2.7
- October 05, 2015 New version 1.2.8
- November 03, 2015 New version 2.0
- November 16, 2015 New version 2.0.1