Looking for the new SharePoint mobile app? Look for the SharePoint mobile app.
This release is focused on improving stability and fixing bugs. If you upgraded to iOS 8 recently, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
This isn’t the SharePoint mobile app which gives you on-the-go access to you SharePoint sites. This app only gives you access to the Newsfeed. Newsfeed is still supported for existing customer both on-premises and in the cloud. However, Yammer is the default enterprise social collaboration experience going forward.
Newsfeed lets you stay connected to your organization’s social pulse while on the go. You can easily navigate your feeds and interact with the conversations you are following. Use this app to:
• Keep up with your colleagues’ latest posts and comments
• Create new posts to share updates or ask questions
• @mention a colleague or include #hashtag in your posts
• Upload pictures
Note: The Newsfeed app works with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online – however, Newsfeed is no longer the default enterprise social experience in Office 365.
When you are signing in, you will need your username, password and the proper SharePoint personal site URL. For example:
• Sample SharePoint Online URL (https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com)
• Sample SharePoint On-Premises URL (http://contoso/my)
If you are having issues signing in, please contact your company’s administrator to inquire about the proper URL and credentials.
- June 07, 2014 Initial release
- July 20, 2014 New version 1.3
- February 04, 2015 New version 1.3.1