What's New- Fixed Input Problems on Retina Mac Books
- Support for OSX 10.6.8 added
App DescriptionKNIGHTS AND MERCHANTS recreates the era of the Middle Ages. Apart from the purely fictitious geography of our world, all game elements and scenes are based on the Anglo-Saxon period, ca. 1200 A.D. And we haven't used imaginary elements like fabled creatures, either. The player takes on the role of an ordinary captain in the Palace Guard. A conspiracy against the king catapults the captain into a situation where he finds himself responsible for the defence of the last royal province. This is all that remains of the shattered kingdom, which has been split into numerous small principalities and fiefdoms. And now even the king himself, ensconced in his capital, is threatened by enemy armies. This is the starting point of your Middle Ages adventure. Now you must win back all those provinces which once belonged to your king.
KNIGHTS AND MERCHANTS can be described as a strategic economy simulation. Economics play a major role in this real-time action game. The player can manufacture different products, making use of numerous buildings and producer goods of the Middle Ages period. He can then use his serfs to construct and maintain buildings and roads. The economical structuring is very specific - you manufacture finished products using various raw materials which go through your production processes. All these manufacturing systems are highly detailed and visually understandable, enabling fast and dependable control of your economy.
- Lush realistic landscapes based on the European countryside
- 20 thrilling Missions
- About 20 different buildings, including horse stables, farms and gold mines
- More than 12 different types of characters
- Different troop types, including archers, scouts and knights
- On-screen hints and tutorials provide easy guidance to get you started
- Realistic landscape display
- Production and movement portrayed in detailed animation
November 10, 2013 New version 1.2
September 26, 2013 New version 1.1
February 01, 2013 Initial Release