The main change you’ll notice is that we’ve upgraded the game to premium - it’s no longer free. Wait, wait - that's a GOOD thing, and here's why. Many of you suggested that the game may work better if we removed the in-app purchases from the game, so we went away, did a little re-balancing, et voilà! Perfection - just like you asked for!
So what exactly has changed? Here’s a little list:
- All of the in-app purchases are no more - you can no longer buy gold (you have to earn it!) and revive tokens are only accessible when you complete one of the secret endings.
- We’ve completely rebalanced the items in the shop including prices and first 5 dungeons.
- You’ll be able to play through all of the dungeons without hitting a paywall. Now NOTHING will stop you from reaching the Deepest Dungeon of Doom.
- We’ve also fixed a few pesky bugs that were hanging around.
- "Gorgeous pixel art and animations" - 90% Touch Arcade
- "One of the freshest and most thoughtfully reconstructed RPGs on iOS" - 8/10 Pocket Gamer
- "Deep Dungeons Of Doom Isn’t Just For The Brave; It Should Be Played By Everyone." - Indie Statik
- "Pacey and immediate, Deep Dungeons of Doom offers no-frills, retro-themed fantasy fun." - 8/10 AppSpy
- "Deep Dungeons of Doom follows a path I don’t think I’ve ever quite seen before." - 4/5 148Apps
You’re Going Down! Enter the Deep Dungeons of Doom if you dare…
This game is only for the brave. Dungeons await, each one deeper, each one more perilous and each one more challenging than the last.
You will meet monsters and you will need skill and tactics to defeat them. You will find weird and wonderful treasures along the way. Most will help you, but some might not. You may choose to play as a Crusader, a Witch or a Mercenary – in fact each one might well be required if you are to successfully complete your quest – but knowing when to use each one is something you are going to have to figure out for yourself.
The reward for your endeavours? The Deepest Dungeon of Doom. Never before has such evil existed on such a massive scale. Only the most battle-hardened rogues will stand a chance of making an impact.
• Relive the 8-bit era with super-stylised visuals, music and SFX
• Simple gameplay with a wicked learning curve
• Choose from 3 characters, each with their own unique abilities
• Battle monsters in increasingly deep and difficult dungeons
• Explore a world of magic, evil, power and redemption
- June 07, 2013 Initial release
- June 09, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- June 23, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- July 20, 2013 New version 1.0.5
- August 11, 2013 New version 1.0.6
- September 13, 2013 New version 1.1.0
- October 19, 2014 New version 1.2
- October 19, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- January 05, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 08, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- January 27, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- June 21, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- June 29, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- August 01, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 11, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 03, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 09, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- November 01, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- November 02, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99