148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: OLD SCHOOL IS THE NEW SCHOOL :: Read Our Full Review >>
Deep Dungeons of Doom is more than just a goofy title. It's also a surprisingly great distillation of action RPG elements.
What's NewThe main change you’ll notice is that we’ve upgraded the game to premium - it’s no longer free. Wait, wait - that's a GOOD thing, and here's why. Many of you suggested that the game may work better if we removed the in-app purchases from the game, so we went away, did a little re-balancing, et voilà! Perfection - just like you asked for!
So what exactly has changed? Here’s a little list:
- All of the in-app purchases are no more - you can no longer buy gold (you have to earn it!) and revive tokens are only accessible when you complete one of the secret endings.
- We’ve completely rebalanced the items in the shop including prices and first 5 dungeons.
- You’ll be able to play through all of the dungeons without hitting a paywall. Now NOTHING will stop you from reaching the Deepest Dungeon of Doom.
- We’ve also fixed a few pesky bugs that were hanging around.
App Description- "Gorgeous pixel art and animations" - 90% Touch Arcade
- "One of the freshest and most thoughtfully reconstructed RPGs on iOS" - 8/10 Pocket Gamer
- "Deep Dungeons Of Doom Isn’t Just For The Brave; It Should Be Played By Everyone." - Indie Statik
- "Pacey and immediate, Deep Dungeons of Doom offers no-frills, retro-themed fantasy fun." - 8/10 AppSpy
- "Deep Dungeons of Doom follows a path I don’t think I’ve ever quite seen before." - 4/5 148Apps
You’re Going Down! Enter the Deep Dungeons of Doom if you dare…
This game is only for the brave. Dungeons await, each one deeper, each one more perilous and each one more challenging than the last.
You will meet monsters and you will need skill and tactics to defeat them. You will find weird and wonderful treasures along the way. Most will help you, but some might not. You may choose to play as a Crusader, a Witch or a Mercenary – in fact each one might well be required if you are to successfully complete your quest – but knowing when to use each one is something you are going to have to figure out for yourself.
The reward for your endeavours? The Deepest Dungeon of Doom. Never before has such evil existed on such a massive scale. Only the most battle-hardened rogues will stand a chance of making an impact.
• Relive the 8-bit era with super-stylised visuals, music and SFX
• Simple gameplay with a wicked learning curve
• Choose from 3 characters, each with their own unique abilities
• Battle monsters in increasingly deep and difficult dungeons
• Explore a world of magic, evil, power and redemption
January 22, 2015 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
December 22, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
November 26, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
November 14, 2014 New version 1.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release