App Description"Show me what you have, and I will make you a drink." - Featured on WIRED magazine October 2011
- 1300+ recipes in the database and growing
- easy to use, simple interface
- Favorite and Bookmark your favorite recipes
- Browse and Search the entire recipe database seamlessly with a simple and fluid UI
- Tap and hold on any single ingredient to see a list of all recipes containing that ingredient
- 39 basic ingredients to mix and match with. This makes finding recipes quick and painless, versus having to page through long lists of different variations of ingredients.
- Returns up to 10 recipes at once, randomly, to encourage variety and randomness.
- Retina-resolution graphics and art on supported devices.
- Added shake-to-reset feature as requested in the comments. Simply shake your iphone at the main screen to clear out and reset your drink selections. Thanks for your support and feedback, everybody.
I wrote this app for one reason - to bring the fun and sense of discovery back into drinking. GetDrunker is not meant to be your giant drink reference encyclopedia, or the authorative source on international bar association standards. It is meant to be a fun game where you can get a good idea of what things you can make with the drinks you feel like drinking, or have in front of you. I wanted an app that let me pick my ingredients quickly, because when I'm at a house party, or at a bar trying to think of what to order, the last thing I want to have to do, is to thumb through 10 page long lists of different ingredients. This app gives you 39 ingredients to look at and click, and you'll get back up to 10 random recipes from a database of 1300+ recipes. This random approach is my attempt to encourage trying new drinks, instead of falling into the rut of drinking the same old thing every time.
Remember, for simplicity and speed, ingredients are used loosely. Think of the recipes as guides, rather than blueprints. For example, dark rum, light rum, spiced rum, are all grouped together as rum, and you'll get recipes back specifying what kind of rum your rum should be. So, mix and match, flick and swipe through the recipes, and see which one tickles your fancy! Feel free to substitute ingredients or change ratios, as experimenting is half the fun of this app.
Tips: If you choose whiskey and scotch as your only ingredients, results won't be good. For best results, a good variety of different types of mixers should net good results (for example, try bitters + sourmix + whiskey + orangejuice + schnapps). :)
Please enjoy, and please drink responsibly.
- from the developer of inertiaweight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmz7oscm-lo
January 26, 2013 Initial Release