- New Feature! The app now has the option to Bookmark pages to read later (iPad Only)
BATTLEGAMES, often called "the thinking wargamer's magazine", regularly receives plaudits for its eclectic mix of ‘old school’ and modern wargaming, in-depth articles on the fundamentals of the hobby, 'how to' tutorials, quality interviews with well-known wargamers and industry leaders, and its highly respected ‘Recce’ section giving thorough and fiercely independent reviews of the latest products and services. Steeped in the lore of the hobby, it focuses on high quality writing, accompanied by superb photographs, beautiful maps and illustrations that enhance the articles, not distract from them: so ‘mind candy’, rather than just ‘eye candy’. As well as a wide variety of articles covering historical wargaming in all scales, we also cover fantasy, sci-fi and the world of wargame ‘imagi-nations’, so whatever your take on the hobby, Battlegames has it covered. Packed with intelligent and entertaining writing, Battlegames has earned its accolade of “the spirit of wargaming”.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is available. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to Jan 2010. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- January 24, 2013 Initial release
- February 24, 2013 New version 6.6