Updated for iOS 10
German verbs can seem so complicated — all those separable prefixes, fixed prepositions, and reflexives. Then come the verbs with both weak and strong conjugations, accusative and dative reflexive uses, separable and nonseparable versions of the same prefix, or “haben” and “sein” as auxiliaries. And you still have to learn what the verb actually means!
Meet VerbenTanz®, your new best study companion. Designed for English-speaking students of German, VerbenTanz is a dynamic learning tool focusing solely on German verbs. VerbenTanz comes standard with 360 essential verbs, in two increasing levels of complexity. Through in-app purchase, VerbenTanz expands up to nine challenging levels for more advanced students — a total of over 1600 verbs. All verbs come conveniently packaged into groups of study sets of 30 infinitives each.
All software features also come standard.
• All original content, selected for academic and cultural interest and researched in authoritative primary sources
• Sample sentences for all German verb infinitives, using contemporary German and American English
• Reference entries for all verb infinitives, including definition, basic conjugation, common prepositions, and sample sentence, with dynamic links to other related verbs
• Discover mode, for in-depth exploration of specific German verb concepts
• Cheat sheets for quick reference
• Unique design specifically-tailored to the German and English language structures
• Two styles of custom configurable quizzes, designed to promote rapid learning
• Study group builder, where you can create and manage your own groups from the available verbs and verb + prepositions in the app
• Comprehensive, patent-pending quiz performance analytics that pinpoint both speed and accuracy
• Dynamic search across all content in both languages
• No subscriptions, no advertising, no network connection needed (except in-app purchase)
We are a team of university-educated professionals, both instructors and students, who share a true passion for learning. The German teachers are native speakers. We include an experienced linguist and language instructor affiliated with the Goethe-Institut, a translator, a German physician, an American writer with a degree in English, a former Apple system architect and engineer, and a professor in cognitive psychology.
Check out www.wildplumsoftware.com for more information about VerbenTanz, including demo videos, descriptions of available in-app purchases, and our blog.
- July 27, 2013 Initial release
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.1.0
- November 13, 2013 New version 1.2.0
- December 02, 2016 New version 1.3.0